Subject: PFLAG News: Tipper Gore to Address PFLAG Conference
From: Heather Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:56:15 -0400

*  *  *   PFLAG News Release   *  *  *

For Immediate Release April 25, 2000
Contact: Jay Heavner 202-467-8180 x231

TIPPER GORE TO ADDRESS THE 17TH PFLAG CONFERENCE

Kirsten Kingdon, Executive Director of Parents, Families and Friends of
Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) announced that Tipper Gore would address the
group's 17th Conference, entitled "PFLAG: Family Voices for Equality," on
April 28 in Washington, DC. 

"Mrs. Gore has been a friend to our gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered
loved-ones," said Kingdon.  "She shares PFLAG's desire to build strong
families and to empower our youth.  We are honored that she has chosen to
speak to our members and our community."

The mother of a gay son, Kingdon pointed out that when gay, lesbian,
bisexual and transgendered people suffer from discrimination or violence,
their families and communities suffer.  "Mrs. Gore is a strong ally in our
struggle to create a safer world for all people," she said.

Tipper Gore is a well-known advocate for families, women and children and an
active proponent of healthy living and healthy lives. Her work has focused
on issues such as mental health, children's health, education, homelessness
and physical fitness. Her health focus has encompassed a variety of issues,
including mental illness and AIDS. She has worked to prevent teen suicide
and has spoken out about the need to destigmatize mental and physical
disabilities.

PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and
transgendered persons, their families & friends through support, education,
and advocacy. Serving over 80,000 members & supporters, PFLAG's 443 U.S.
affiliates are located in communities across the country.

  		#  #  #

1726 M St. NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036
  phone: 202-467-8180  fax: 202-467-8194
  Email [email-masked]  Web http://www.pflag.org

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  To unsubscribe from PFLAG's Email Alert, send an
  email, subject line "unsubscribe" to [email-masked]
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~