Subject: HELMS ATTCK- ACTION TODAY!!!!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 94 10:38:23 EST

PFLAG: Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays

                Celebrating Real Family Values 

			Contact: George Neighbors, Jr.
				202-638-4200
				202-737-4176
									February 4, 1994

                  ********Action Alert********

          *****HELMS TO ATTACK GAY YOUTH & SERVICES****

Sen. Helms (R-NC) is expected to introduce an amendment to S.1150, Goals 2000
Education Bill, TODAY that would prohibit:

any federal funding to pay for homosexual educational, counseling, or
supportive services in elementary or secondary schools, or to promote or
encourage, either directly or indirectly, homosexual or bisexual activity.  

Families and Friends please fax short letters **TODAY*** to your Senators
urging them to read your letter on the floor in support of Sen. Kennedy's 2nd
degree amendment.

Your letter should state something to the extent that gay and lesbian youth
are part of our families and as such deserve services to assist them in
coping with an adverse society.  In addition, the education of all youth
about issues relating to homosexuality promotes understanding and decreases
the risk of hate crimes and suicides.

Contact your Senators' offices to obtain their fax numbers by calling the
switchboard at: 202-224-3121 or call their local office in your area [number
found in your local phone book under federal government] for the Washington
office fax numbers.

    PFLAG: PARENTS, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF LESBIANS AND GAYS
     1012  14th Street, NW  Suite 700, Washington, DC  20005
(202)-638-4200    Fax: (202)-638-0243   E-mail: [email-masked]