Subject: Bob Bernstein on Oprah Winfrey
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 12:20:08 -0500

PFLAG: Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays

BULLETIN

To:      All PFLAG Members and Friends
From:  Rob Banaszak, Communications Director
Re:      PFLAG on the Oprah Winfrey Show!
Date:  January 22, 1996

Former PFLAG Vice President Bob Bernstein, author of Straight Parents/Gay
Children, and his daughter Bobbie will be featured on a special segment of
the Oprah Winfrey Show, scheduled to air Friday, January 26.  Check local
listings for airtimes.

The 5-minute segment is Oprah's weekly "Salute to Parents," and features a
child saluting his or her parent for their support and involvement in his or
her life.  Bobbie will be honoring her father Bob for his unfailing support
of her, and for his commitment to making a better world for both her and
their family.  

Oprah's cameras were with the Bernsteins all day Saturday, January 20, and
attended PFLAG Metropolitan Washington D.C.'s meeting on Sunday, January 21.

Bob's appearance on Oprah will be invaluable in spreading the word about
PFLAG and our work.   Be sure to watch or videotape on Friday, and be sure to
thank Bob for taking so much time out of his weekend to work with the Oprah
Winfrey Show!