Subject: POM Update 11/20
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 10:00:00 -0500

PROJECT OPEN MIND UPDATE
November 20, 1995

FOR EXTERNAL USE

An immediate correction is necessary.  In the update of November 14, 1995, we
included information that was incorrect.  Please correct your information as
follows and accept our apology for the error:

KTUL (ABC) Tulsa - the telephone number is 918-582-6666.

Our local chapters in the three target cities are attempting to work with the
local media to get the message of Project Open Mind out to their communities.
 At their request we are asking that calls to the Tulsa World newspaper in
Tulsa, OK and Houston television stations be suspended for the time being.

Media Coverage

11/17 - USA Today - Letters to the Editor - 4 favorable letters from 4
different states
11/17 - The Texas Triangle - statewide gay newspaper - article by Kyle Young,
PFLAG  Houston member
11/17 - The Houston Voice - gay newspaper - article by Editor including
several  PFLAG members
11/19 - KHOU (CBS) - Houston - Sunday news program; interview with Allen
 Howard, General Manager, defending the station's position
11/19 - The New York Times - Letters to the Editor - favorable letter from
Todd  Jennings, PFLAG-Conn member
11/20 - CVI Cable - Long Beach, CA - Gay & Lesbian News magazine - news
story;  interviews with gay and lesbian bashing victims; listener call-in

Action Items

* Call the Houston Chronicle regarding their decision to refuse our ad -
713-220 7415 - Richard Johnson, Publisher, Fax 713-220-7588
* Continue calls to Atlanta and Tulsa stations
* Discontinue calls to Houston stations and the Tulsa World newspaper

This concludes today's update.