Subject: Project Open Mind Update 12/6/95
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 09:51:58 -0500

PROJECT OPEN MIND UPDATE
Tuesday, December 5, 1995
 
FOR EXTERNAL USE

To follow-up on one of yesterday's items, we have confirmed the 700 Club
segment regarding recent publicity portraying Pat Robertson and others as
hatemongers.  As we said yesterday, the segment did not mention PFLAG by
name, however we are not aware of any other public campaigns holding
Robertson and other political/religious leaders responsible for the words
they choose - in particular hate speech aimed at lesbian and gay Americans.

Tomorrow is the first day of the four week film series in Tulsa, OK.  As
mentioned previously, the PFLAG chapter has scheduled this free film series
during the noon hour at the downtown Tulsa Library.  Extensive publicity,
especially to downtown businesses has been done.   We will keep you updated
on the success of this creative outreach by the Tulsa chapter.

Media Coverage
 
11/17 - Seattle Gay News - paper - news story
11/29 - Echo Magazine - Phoenix gay magazine - news story
12/1 - Seattle Gay News - two news stories - one local and one national,
interviews  
 with Marilyn Cass, Chapter president and spokesperson
12/4 - WSVN (Fox) - Miami/Ft Lauderdale - news story - "bashing" ad shown
12/5 - San Juan Star - Puerto Rico paper - news story

Action Items

* Designated Project Open Mind financial contributions to:
 PFLAG
 PO Box 96519
 Washington, DC 20090-6519
* Notification of media coverage - please include name and date of
publication if faxing or mailing clips - thanks!

This concludes today's update - Jeffrey Garrett, Campaign Manager