Subject: NV ltr
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 94 14:51:55 EST

PFLAG: Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays

                Celebrating Real Family Values 

February 21, 1994

Governor Robert J. Miller
State Capitol
Carson City, NV 89710

Dear Governor Miller:

I am writing to express my appreciation and support for the strong stand you
have taken against the efforts of the Oregon Citizens Alliance to bring their
brand of bigotry and discrimination into your state.  I speak both
personally, as the parent of a lesbian child, and on behalf of this
organization which I serve as regional director for the Mid-Pacific Region,
Nevada and northern California.

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays is a national grassroots
organization dedicated to keeping families together by supporting parents,
educating society, and advocating for equal rights for our gay, lesbian and
bisexual loved ones.  PFLAG affirms that we too have traditional values which
include loving and supporting all our children, regardless of sexual
orientation.  We are outraged at any attempt to legalize discrimination
against our children.

Over the four years that I have know of my daughter's orientation I have come
to believe from the bottom of my heart that she deserves the same rights and
the same respect and dignity as her two straight brothers.  So does every
other human being.

We at PFLAG salute your efforts to protect our loved ones from
discrimination.  We know that all parents who love and support their gay and
lesbian children are with us in this.

Sincerely,
Sam Thoron
Regional Director

    PFLAG: PARENTS, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF LESBIANS AND GAYS
     1012  14th Street, NW  Suite 700, Washington, DC  20005
(202)-638-4200    Fax: (202)-638-0243   E-mail: [email-masked]