Subject: Conference 1997
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:16:08 -0500

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
1997 International Conference

*** CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS/WORKSHOPS ***

The  16th International Conference of Parents, Families and Friends of
Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG), will be held in Orlando, Florida, September
12-15, 1997.  We expect between 1,000 and 1,500 people to attend.  Whether
or not you have presented at a PFLAG conference in the past, we encourage
you to consider sharing your expertise at the 1997 conference.

For information on submitting workshop proposals, please call 202-638-4200,
email [email-masked] or fax 202-638-0243.

Deadline for Submission: February 10, 1996

About PFLAG
Founded in 1981, PFLAG is a national, grassroots family organization.
PFLAG currently represents 65,000 member households, and is organized in
410 communities in every state and in 11 other countries.  The majority of
our members are the parents, family members and friends of gay, lesbian,
bisexual and transgendered people.

PFLAG Mission Statement
PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, and bisexual
persons, their families, and friends through: support, to cope with an
adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and
advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights.  PFLAG
provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation, and acts to
create a society that is healthy, and respectful of human diversity.