Subject: POM Ad Scripts
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 15:28:43 -0400

PFLAG AD SCRIPTS - PAID COMMERCIALS

PFLAG
"Torn Lives"
TV: 30

VISUAL: Open on a photo of a man and woman.  Photo is torn as hate speech
is heard.   Words are visible behind the torn images of the two people.

DEROGATORY VO:  I hate they way they look.  They're disgusting.

VISUAL: Torn picture of two people.  The words "what hate" are visible.

DEROGATORY VO:  People like that make me feel sick.

                                Homo...Fag...Queer!...

ANNCR:  Every year thousands are harassed, beaten, some even
murdered, just because they are lesbian or gay.

VISUAL: Think about what hate can do.

TAG:            A message brought to you by Parents, Families and
Friends of Lesbians and Gays.

VISUAL: PFLAG LOGO superimposed on message

PFLAG
"They deserve it?"
TV: 30

VISUAL: Open on little kids playing and sharing a secret.

VO:             Some of them will be three times more likely to commit
suicide than their friends.

VISUAL: Different scene of children playing, running down a hill,
                kicking a ball.

VO:             There's also a greater chance that someday some of them
will       be assaulted, beaten, threatened, harassed  or even murdered...

                just because they may be lesbian or gay.

VISUAL: Close-up of children's faces.

VO:             But look at them, they deserve it...don't they?

TAG:            A message brought to you by Parents, Families and
Friends of Lesbians and Gays.

VISUAL: PFLAG LOGO superimposed on screen.