Subject: PFLAG Job Openings - Field Dept. 3/21/00
From: Heather Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:27:33 -0500

******* Job Openings at PFLAG *******

Title:			Central Field Manager
Reports to:		Field, Program and Policy Director
Annual salary:		Commensurate with experience.  Health benefits,
vacation, sick leave and flex time.
_________________________________

General Responsibilities: The Central Field Manager is one of three Field
Managers (West, Central and East) on the Field, Program and Policy team.
The Field Manager is responsible for managing PFLAG programs, issues and
chapter development for PFLAG chapters, leaders and members in their
respective region to further PFLAG's mission.

Specific Responsibilities:

1.  Serves as a one-stop shop for all PFLAG members/chapters in their region
for information on advocacy, issues, projects, training, chapter development
and strategic planning.
2.  Works with PFLAG's Regional Directors, members, leaders and chapters in
their region to mobilize around national and local issues and programs that
further PFLAG's work.
3.  Manages specific projects and coordinates staff and grassroots
involvement in the project.
4.  Manages specific issue areas and coordinates with staff, grassroots and
coalition partners.
5.  Assists in developing trainings and materials, including weekly email
alerts, position papers, newsletter articles and other materials related to
manager's special projects and issue areas.
6.  Travels to conduct trainings for PFLAG leaders and activists.
7.  Serves as a liaison between PFLAG national, activists in the manager's
region and coalition partners in Washington for outreach, information and
advocacy.
8.  Responsible for serving as a back up to other team members in their
absence when activation or assistance is required to cover regional needs.

Qualifications:  Qualified candidates will have excellent communication
skills, at least one year of experience in grassroots organizing for issue
and/or electoral campaigns, ability to travel, a high energy level and be
committed to creative teamwork. 

Title:		Chapter Services Manager
Reports to:	Field, Program, and Policy Director
Salary:		Commensurate with experience.  Health benefits, vacation,
sick leave
		and flex time.
_______________________________________________________
The Chapter Services Manager is one of five staff in the Field, Program and
Policy Department.  The Chapter Services Manager is responsible for
maintaining affiliate and coalition databases, managing the chapter
affiliation process, coordinating the volunteer program and working with
international affiliates.

Responsibilities:  

1.  Manage chapter records/affiliation database and produce directories 
2.  Manage chapter dues collection process and assist volunteer leaders in
the process
3.  Manage affiliation process for chapters, providing advice to chapters
that are affiliating and coordinating with Field Managers and volunteer
Regional Directors
4.  Coordinate affiliate mailings, including quarterly mailing and monthly
chapter newsletter
5.  Prepare monthly information reports on affiliate network, affiliates in
formation, and dues collection status 
6.   Manage volunteer/intern program
7.   Manage international affiliates, providing assistance in their local
organizing
8.   Assist with special projects, including development of a best practices
database

Qualifications:  Qualified candidates will have excellent database skills,
including knowledge of Microsoft Access; volunteer management experience;
familiarity with 501 (c) (3) tax exempt requirements; strong attention to
detail; excellent communication skills; high energy level and commitment to
creative teamwork.

Please send resume/cover letter to: 
PFLAG, 1726 M St., NW Suite 400 
Washington, DC 20036 
(fax: 202-467-8194) 
or [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays (PFLAG) is committed to fair
employment practices and equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, creed, religion, national origin/ancestry, age, sex, disability,
marital status, personal appearance, matriculation at a college, political
affiliation, gender identity or sexual orientation. 

posted 2/15/00 - please distribute widely