Subject: PFLAG Job Opening - Finance & Administration
From: Heather Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:56:00 -0400

******* Job Opening at PFLAG *******

Title:			Director of Finance & Administration
Reports to:		Executive Director
_________________________________

Responsibilities: 
1.  Directs and oversees financial management of the national organization
including: 
	*	day-to-day internal financial operations 
	*	accounts payable, coding of all income and expenses, and
liaison to bookkeeper 
	*	annual budgeting and budget tracking 
	*	adherence to all internal financial controls 
	*	annual audit 
	*	payroll 
	*	financial reporting and analysis 
	*	managing vendors 
	*	supervising employees 
2.  Directs and oversees administration of computer systems and online
services. 
3.  Oversees membership database. 
4.  Directs and oversees long range issues pertaining to the operation of
the national office. 
5.  Directs and oversees business aspects of conference, including finances
and exhibits. 
6.  Serves on Staff Membership and Financial Planning Task Group Board
committees. 
7.  Operates as Human Resources officer. 

Qualifications: Experience and demonstrated successful track record in
management, finance and administration, and accounting. Excellent
interpersonal communication and writing skills. Knowledge and experience
with non-profit membership organization a plus. Experience maintaining
membership database. Solid computer experience, Windows environment. Well
organized with a collegial working style.

PFLAG is committed to a diverse staff, and people of color, transgender
people, bisexual people and straight people are encouraged to apply.

Please send resume/cover letter to: 
PFLAG, 1726 M St., NW Suite 400 
Washington, DC 20036 
(fax: 202-467-8194) 
or [email-masked] 

Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays (PFLAG) is committed to fair
employment practices and equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, creed, religion, national origin/ancestry, age, sex, disability,
marital status, personal appearance, matriculation at a college, political
affiliation, gender identity or sexual orientation. 

posted 5/23/00 - please distribute widely