Subject: Job Announcement
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:30:30 -0600

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - Please Post

Title:	Field, Program and Policy Director
Reports to:	Executive Director
Salary:	Commensurate with experience
	PFLAG also offers health benefits, vacation and sick leave

General Responsibilities

The Field, Program and Policy Director is responsible for all aspects of
policy and program development, building PFLAG's capacity at the local
level, and promoting the organization's interests nationally.  The Director
supervises four Field Associates who work directly with volunteer Regional
Directors and chapter leaders to implement programs.

Specific Responsibilities

1. Represent PFLAG in national coalitions, with other organizations and to
additional constituencies as needed.

2. Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to conduct all
issue and policy analysis, refine and communicate positions as needed.

3. Identify public education and organizing opportunities for PFLAG and
develop appropriate strategies for implementation.

4. Oversee all chapter development including written materials, the
training program, information and communication systems and structural
needs for a 400 plus network.

5. Direct Department including supervision of four Field Associates,
progress reports, budget, and adjustments to procedures, systems and
policies as needed.

6. Work with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Chair of the
Regional Directors' Council to establish goals and priorities and evaluate
PFLAG's needs and achievements.

Qualifications

Qualified candidate will have public policy experience, excellent analytic
and writing skills, grassroots organizing and training experience,
supervisory experience, and previous work with a national organization.

To Apply
Please fax resume, references, and salary history to 202-638-0243 by March
13, 1998.