Subject: NGLTF Honors the Congressional Black Caucus
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 12:03:40 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 10/17/95

CONTACT:

Beth Barrett
202.332.6483 x3215
[email-masked]

The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force 
is a leading national civil rights organization that has supported grassroots
organizing since 1973.

2320 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009-2702

VOICE 202.332.6483
FAX 202.332.0207
TTY 202.332.6219

[email-masked] 

MEDIA ADVISORY

**NGLTF's Sixth Annual**
**Honoring Our Allies - Forging Our Future

A CELEBRATION TO HONOR THE
CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS

with special guests Sweet Honey in the Rock

WHAT: A reception and award ceremony honoring the Congressional Black Caucus
in its 25th year for their significant support of the gay, lesbian, bisexual
and transgender communities.

Of all the demographic groups in the House of Representatives, the
Congressional Black Caucus has been the most supportive of the gay and
lesbian community.  In each of the 13 major votes on gay and lesbian issues
since the Reagan Administration -- including votes on hate crimes, domestic
partnership, AIDS and the military ban -- the CBC has been more supportive
than, Democrats and even women legislators.  In some conservative states, CBC
members were the only representatives of the states' delegations to support
the gay and lesbian community.

WHO: Representative Donald M. Payne (D-10th NJ) will accept the award on
behalf of the Congressional Black Caucus.
Sweet Honey In The Rock, a Grammy award-winning African American a cappella
singing group, will join NGLTF for a special performance honoring the CBC.

WHEN: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 1995
6:00 - 8:00 PM
(Awards from 7:00 to 7:30 pm)
(Performance at 7:30 pm)

WHERE: The Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill
 Congressional Room
 100 New Jersey Avenue, NW
 Washington, DC

Voting records are available upon request.

To receive press credentials,
please contact Beth Barrett at 202-332-6483 ext. 3215.