Subject: New NGLTF Board Members
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 19:31:26 -0400

NATIONAL GAY AND LESBIAN TASK FORCE
PRESS RELEASE

Contact: Robin Kane, 202-332-6483, ext. 3311; [email-masked]
      Beth Barrett, 202-332-6483, ext 3215; [email-masked]

NGLTF ANNOUNCES TWO NEW BOARD MEMBERS

John Duran and Catherine Saalfield Join Board of Directors

Washington, DC  --  May 2, 1995 -- Two new members have been appointed to the
Board of Directors of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF).  John
Duran and Catherine Saalfield were announced as new members during the NGLTF
board meeting April 28 - 30 in Washington, DC.  The 28-member Board of
Directors is the policy-making and fundraising body of the 21-year-old NGLTF.
 The following is a brief biography of each of the new board members:

 JOHN DURAN 

 John Duran is a partner in the West Hollywood, California law firm of Duran,
Loquvam, & Robertson, which has litigated on behalf of the gay, lesbian, and
bisexual community for the past seven years.  Duran is a founding Board
Member of ANGLE, a political action group backing California candidates
supportive of feminist and gay and lesbian issues.

 Duran served as Statewide Chair of the California Life AIDS Lobby from 1987
to 1992 drafting numerous pieces of legislation and working to defeat
anti-gay and AIDS-phobic legislation in the California State Legislature.
 From 1991 to 1993, Duran served on the National Board of Directors of Lambda
Legal Defense and Education Fund.  In 1994, Duran was narrowly defeated in a
bid for the State California Assembly.

 CATHERINE SAALFIELD

 Catherine Saalfield is an independent producer, consultant and political
activist in New York City.  Saalfield has collaboratively produced a number
of films confronting AIDS, HIV and gay/lesbian/bisexual issues.  Her most
recent production is  Positive Life with HIV, a four- hour public television
series targeting the HIV community.  Saalfield directed "BENT," a video
production workshop for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth at the
Hetrick-Martin Institute in New York.  Saalfield's writings have appeared in
a number of books and publications and she is a contributing editor of The
Independent.  Saalfield also serves on the Board of Directors of several
non-profit community based organizations including the Astraea National
Lesbian Action Foundation, the HIV Law Project, Iris House and Sister Fund.

--end--