Subject: Kane leaves NGLTF
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 19:28:35 -0400

NATIONAL GAY AND LESBIAN TASK FORCE
PRESS RELEASE

Contact: Robin Kane, 202-332-6483, ext. 3311; [email-masked];  or Kerry
Lobel, 202-332-6483, ext. 3307

ROBIN KANE LEAVES NGLTF

Washington, DC -- September 13, 1995  -- Robin Kane, Media Director at the
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF), last month announced her
departure from the organization, effective September 29.  Kane is moving to
San Francisco with her spouse, who has accepted a job with a Bay Area
consulting firm.  

 Media calls will be fielded by NGLTF's Beth Barrett while a search is
conducted for a replacement.

 Kane joined the NGLTF staff in 1990, after first volunteering with the
organization in 1988.  During nearly five years as a staff member with the
organization, she has served as Program Assistant, Public Information
Manager, Acting Director of Public Information, campaign media consultant,
and Media Director.  Prior to joining the NGLTF staff, Kane was a reporter at
the Washington Blade, a weekly gay and lesbian newspaper in Washington, DC.

 "Often working behind the scenes, Robin has been an important cornerstone of
NGLTF's programmatic work," said Kerry Lobel, NGLTF Deputy Director.  "Robin
brought her keen insights and strong instincts to deliver NGLTF's message to
activists at the state and local level.  And she worked hard to make the
voices of member organizations heard throughout the country.  Robin's quick
response to the murder of Scott Amedure and her work to draw national
attention to the plight of lesbian activists in Ovett, Mississippi will long
be remembered.  NGLTF wishes Robin well -- she will be missed."

--end--

[After leaving NGLTF, Kane may still be reached online at [email-masked].]