Subject: NGLTF Included in CFC: #2622
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 10:32:12 -0400

NATIONAL GAY AND LESBIAN TASK FORCE
PRESS RELEASE

Contact: Robin Kane, 202-332-6483, ext. 3311; [email-masked]

NGLTF INCLUDED FOR FIRST TIME IN CFC CAMPAIGN -- #2622

Participants in Combined Federal Campaign May Direct Donations to NGLTF

Washington, DC -- September 7, 1995  -- The National Gay and Lesbian Task
Force (NGLTF) has for the first time been certified as a participating agency
in the annual Combined Federal Campaign (CFC).  The CFC is the annual
fundraising drive of federal employees, who may each designate payroll
deductions to be directed to specific participating agencies.  NGLTF's CFC
number for the 1995 campaign is CFC #2622.

 The CFC is the authorized fundraising drive of the federal workplace, which
takes place each fall.  The campaign begins this year on September 12.
 Participating organizations must meet certain eligibility requirements,
including status as a 501(c)(3) agency, strict financial auditing procedures
and limits on fundraising and administrative expenses.  NGLTF is designated a
national organization, serving as a national resource center and providing
the following services: information and referrals; technical assistance;
publications; and skills-building trainings and conferences.  

 NGLTF will publicize its CFC participation in all membership materials,
on-line activities and through cooperation with GLOBE, the federation of gay,
lesbian and bisexual federal employees.

 "We're very pleased to be included in this important fundraising campaign,"
said Melinda Paras, NGLTF Executive Director.  "The Combined Federal Campaign
offers individuals nationwide a simple method to support NGLTF in our efforts
to create change.  We urge federal employees to take advantage of this
campaign and designate NGLTF as a recipient of their pledge.  NGLTF is proud
to be part of this effort and looks forward to coming into contact with many
new supporters of our work."

--end--