Subject: Press Conference to Kick Off Creating Change
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 17:53:06 -0500

*************************************************
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
MEDIA ADVISORY

Contact:  Robert Bray         (415) 552-6448 until 11/6
                                          (214)922-8000
               Beth Barrett       (202) 332-6483 ext. 3215

2320 17th Street NW   Washington, DC   200009
*************************************************

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 4, 1994

PRESS CONFERENCE TO KICK OFF MAJOR
 GAY MOVEMENT GATHERING IN DALLAS

CREATING CHANGE EVENT ATTRACTS NATIONAL ACTIVISTS IN WAKE OF KEY VOTES ON GAY
RIGHTS

A press conference featuring noted Texas and national gay civil rights
figures will kick off the 1994 Creating Change Conference in Dallas, Texas,
site of the gathering of hundreds of leading gay, lesbian and bisexual
activists. 

 The press conference will be held on Friday, Nov. 11, 12:30 p.m., at the
Southland Center Hotel, 400 N. Olive St., in downtown Dallas.  The Creating
Change conference, sponsored by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, is
the preeminent gathering of the gay and lesbian movement.

 Scheduled to appear at the press conference are:

-- Peri Jude Radecic, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force director of public
policy;
-- Glen Maxey, member, Texas House of Representatives and first openly gay
elected official in the State of Texas;
-- Dr. Mel White, Dean of Texas' Cathedral of Hope, the largest gay/lesbian
church in the world; and former speechwriter for Pat Robertson and Jerry
Falwell;
-- Julie Davis and Dianne Sands, directors of campaign to defeat anti-gay
initiatives in Oregon and Idaho;
-- Sheila James Kuehl, front-runner candidate for the California State
Assembly; if elected, she will be the first open gay or lesbian to ever serve
in the California legislature;
-- Dianne Hardy-Garcia, executive director, Lesbian and Gay Rights Lobby of
Texas; 
-- Craig McDaniel, Dallas City Council member, will present a "special
recognition."

For more information, contact Robert Bray at the Southland Hotel after
Monday, Nov. 7, (214)922-8000; for press credentials contact Beth Barrett,
(202)332-6483, ext. 3215.

-end-