Subject: Kate Clinton & Sons and Lovers
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 17:55:29 -0500

*************************************************
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
MEDIA ADVISORY

Contact:  Gregory Fisher
                (800) 757-7736 pager

2320 17th Street NW   Washington, DC   200009
*************************************************

KATE CLINTON AND SONS & LOVERS TO APPEAR IN DALLAS

Top Queer Acts Part of Seventh Annual Creating ChangeTM Conference

 Washington, D.C. -- November 4, 1994 -- Lesbian comic Kate Clinton will
headline the Seventh Annual Creating Change Conference Concert event
according to an announcement today by conference organizers.  Appearing with
Clinton at the Saturday, November 12 event will be gay accapella song
stylists Sons & Lovers.  Both acts have appeared at previous Creating Change
conferences to rave notices and are rising stars on the entertainment scene.

 "Kate's off-Broadway Show Out Is In had me laughing in the aisles, and I am
thrilled that she is coming to Dallas for Creating Change" said Sue Hyde,
Conference Coordinator.  "Dallas and the Creating Change participants are in
for a major treat".

 Sons & Lovers recently performed as the opening musical act for the
Stonewall 25 Rally at Central Park, as well as a held-over show at famed New
York Cabaret Eighty Eights.  John Hoglund of the New York Native predicts
they will "become the toast of the gay nineties".  Sons & Lovers are Ken
Browne, Deian Snachez McBryde, Eliot Pilshaw, Bob Stern and John Whitley.

 "An important aspect of Creating Change is celebrating our Queer Culture,"
said NGLTF Executive Director Peri Jude Radecic.  "Both acts are excellent
examples of the growing contingency of openly gay talent that is taking the
entertainment industry by storm.  They present positive images of gay men and
lesbians to a straight community that believes it knows nothing about
queers."

 The Creating Change Concert will be held Saturday evening at 9 p.m. in the
Grand Ballroom of the Southland Center Hotel, 400 North Olive Street,
Downtown Dallas.  Tickets are $25 at the door and Creating Change
registration table or may be purchased at the Crossroads Market.

 Creating Change is the nation's leading gay and lesbian organizing, skills
development and movement building conference.  Running from November 11
through 13 at the Southland Center Hotel, the conference will feature more
than 80 workshops on topics including health, hate violence, campus
organizing, lobbying and legislation, sex and sexuality, sodomy repeal,
organizational development, fundraising, and workplace organizing. 

--end--

NOTE: Photos and bios for Kate Clinton and Sons & Lovers as well as limited
interview opportunities are availabled.  For more information, contact
Gregory Fisher.