Subject: Workplace Conference Media Advisory
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 94 16:47:36 EDT

NATIONAL GAY & LESBIAN TASK FORCE POLICY INSTITUTE
NEWS RELEASE

Contact: Betsy Gressler, 202-332-6483, ext. 3306

COLORADO TO HOST FOURTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON GAY, LESBIAN, BISEXUAL WORKPLACE
ISSUES

WHAT:  "Out & Equal in the 90s," fourth annual conference on workplace issues
impacting the gay, lesbian and bisexual community. The event will feature
nearly 50 sessions that cover workplace issues for corporations, small
businesses, labor unions, public employment, and non-profit agencies. Topics
include: 
   --Empowerment in Government Employment 
    --Organizing An Employee Resource Group
    --Sexual Orientation Issues in the Labor Movement 
    --Strategies for Acquiring Domestic Partnership Benefits
    -- Influencing the Company's Bottom Line with Lavender Money

  Human Resource Institute, a one-day intensive for employee assistance
counselors, equal employment opportunity managers, diversity trainers and
other HR professionals, will follow the conference.

WHO: The conference is sponsored by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
Policy Institute  (NGLTF), the nation's oldest gay and lesbian political
advocacy group, based in Washington, DC. Co-sponsors for the event are
Priority Pharmacy, the Gill Foundation, and James C. Hormel. A local host
committee, Colorado Working It Out in the Rockies, includes individuals and
employee groups from AT&T, U.S. WEST, Norwest Bank and other companies which
are assisting in the conference organizing. 

WHEN: "Out & Equal in the 90s" conference will be held October 15 and 16,
1994. The Human Resource Institute will be held October 17.

WHERE: Radisson Hotel
  Denver, Colorado

ETC:  --Anya Palmer, a representative of Stonewall/London, will present a
nationwide study on workplace discrimination in the United Kingdom 
  --Amelia Craig, an employment attorney at Lambda Legal Defense and
Education Fund, will discuss same-gender marriage and its link to domestic
partner policies 
  --Members of 50 gay/lesbian/bisexual employee groups will participate from
the following fields: banking/finance, high-tech industries,
telecommunications, educational institutions, non-profits and labor unions.
  --Lesbian comedian Karen Williams will perform in concert Saturday, Oct. 15
and will present a workshop, "Getting Through Your Day with Humor Intact."

For registration information, call (303) 538-4318 or (202) 332-6483, ext.
3361. For other conference information, contact Betsy Gressler, NGLTF
Organizing Director, (202) 332-6483, ext. 3306.

--end--