From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 94 10:52:44 EDT

NATIONAL GAY & LESBIAN TASK FORCE MEDIA ADVISORY
1734 14th Street, NW Washington, DC  20009
(202) 332-6483  t  (202) 332-0207 fax  t  (202) 332-6219 TTY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE   May 19, 1994 

Contacts: David M. Smith   (202) 332-6483 ext. 3309,
(800) 757-7736 pager , [email-masked]
Robin Kane (202) 332-6483 ext. 3311,  [email-masked]

"INTERNATIONAL RISE OF THE RIGHT WING" SYMPOSIUM 
TO BE HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH STONEWALL EVENTS IN NEW YORK CITY

WHAT:  "International Rise of the Right Wing" symposium co-sponsored by the
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and the International Gay and Lesbian
Human Rights Commission. The panel presentation will feature international
speakers addressing the rise of Right Wing extremism in Europe, Central and
South America and Islamic countries, as well as the exportation of U.S. Right
Wing extremism to other countries. 

 The panel is part of a week-long series of events in conjunction with
Stonewall 25--the 25th anniversary of the Stonewall riots in Greenwich
Village, 1969, which mark the beginning of the current wave of gay civil
rights organizing.

WHO: Panel members will include:
  
  --Rebecca Sevilla of the Movimiento Homosexual de Lima (MOHL), Peru and
Co-Secretary General of the International Lesbian and Gay Association

  --Lupita Sequira, of NECONI, Managua, Nicaragua

  --Representative of the Association of Bisexuals, Gays and Lesbians
(ABIGALE), Cape Town, South Africa
  
WHEN: Thursday, June 23, 1994
  8-10 p.m.

WHERE: Washington Irving High School
  40 Irving Place
  (One block east of Union Square)
  New York, NY