Subject: NGLTF Election Night Live
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 19:39:58 -0500

*************************************************
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
NEWS RELEASE

Contact:  Gregory Fisher (202) 332-6483 ext. 3309
                                         
     Robert Bray     (415) 552-6448 until 11/6;
                            (214) 922-8000 on election night

2320 17th Street NW   Washington, DC   20009
*************************************************

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 2, 1994

ELECTION NIGHT COMMENTS AND "SPIN" ON ANTI-GAY INITIATIVES, CONGRESSIONAL
RACES, GAY CANDIDATES

The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF) will provide up-to-the-moment
information and commentary for reporters and editors on election night, Nov.
8, as voters across the country decide the fate of anti-gay/lesbian
initiatives and other races of importance to the gay community.

 Anti-gay initiatives are on the ballot in Oregon, Idaho and Alachua County,
Fla.  For quotes and comments from a national and local perspective,
reporters may call the NGLTF Election Night Watch in Washington, D.C., or on
the day following the elections. 

Call Peri Jude Radecic, NGLTF Executive Director, at (202) 332-6483, ext.
3302 for comments.

For comments from the field, call:

-- IN OREGON: Scot Nakagawa, NGLTF Fight the Right organizer,
  (503) 331-1225 evening; (503)221-0115 daytime, Portland.

-- IN IDAHO: Robin Kane, NGLTF campaign media consultant, (208) 667-2736.

In addition, NGLTF along with American Online (AOL) is hosting "Election
Night Live," a live chat in the AOL Gay and Lesbian Community Forum (GLCF).
 Reporters may log onto AOL GLCF's Lambda Lounge from 7 p.m. until at least
11:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Tuesday, Nov. 8.

-end-