Subject: From Rev. Troy Perry: An Update On The Millennium March on
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:56:25 EDT

From The News Service
of the Universal Fellowship of
Metropolitan Community Churches

College Democrats
Endorse Millennium March On Washington
1 Million Members in 1000 Local Chapters

Statement by the Rev. Troy D. Perry
to the Friends and Members of UFMCC:

The one million members of College Democrats of America have joined the long 
and distinguished list of endorsers of the upcoming March on Washington 
scheduled for April 30, 2000.

College Democrats of America were founded in 1932 during the presidential 
campaign of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. CDA leaders describe their goal as a 
commitment "to work tirelessly to protect student aid and continue the fight 
for affordable health care, access to education, a cleaner environment, and 
equal opportunity for all Americans."

Today there are 1000 CDA chapters at colleges and universities across the US 
with a membership of more than one million students.

In making the announcement, Donna Red Wing, member of the MMOW Board of 
Directors, noted: "We are thrilled to welcome such an extraordinary 
organization to the Millennium March endeavor. College Democrats bring a 
demonstrated history of democratic participation to the table. We are 
delighted to have them with us."

The Millennium March on Washington for Equality is a non-partisan national 
(USA) event which welcomes and encourages the support of all political 
parties and philosophies. Organizers have called for the March on Washington 
to be as broad and diverse as are all of our GLBT communities.

This will be the fourth national (USA) March on Washington in the history of 
the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered justice movement. MMOW will take 
place on April 30, 2000 on the Mall in Washington, DC.

College Democrats of America join a growing roster of organizational 
endorsers, including but not limited to the  ACLU Foundation of Southern 
California, American Baptists Concerned, American Psychological Association 
(Div. 44), Apple Lambda, Camp Sister Spirit, Chi Rho Press, Chrysalis 
Transgendered Organizations, Coastal Pride of Florida, Companion Press, 
Dignity USA, Evangelical Anglican Church, Feminist Majority, Gay and Lesbian 
Medical Association, Gay and Lesbian Parents Coalition, Gay Wired, GenderPAC, 
Human Rights Campaign, IBM Employee Diversity Network, International 
Transgender Law Conference, Lambda Aloha, LLEGO, Maryland Gay Resource 
Network, National Association of Social Workers (Maryland Chapter), National 
Coalition for Sexual Freedom, National Organization for Women, Old Lesbians 
Organizing for Change, Out & About Newsletter, Out Front Minnesota, PFLAG, 
PlanetOut, Prodigy's Rainbow Universe, Q Spirit, San Francisco Pride, Serra 
Project, Triangle Survival Network, UFMCC, Women In The Moon Publishers.

Incidentally, anyone interested in serving on the Board of Directors or the 
MMOW Leadership Council should send a letter of interest and a resume to 
Duane Cramer, c/o The NAMES Project AIDS Quilt, 310 Townsend Street, #310, 
San Francisco, CA  94107.

Additional information on the Millennium March on Washington is available by 
writing to Robin Tyler, Executive Producer, at MMOW, Post Office Box 65960, 
Washington, DC  20035. E-mail messages may be sent to [email-masked]

Yours,
The Rev. Troy D. Perry
Moderator of UFMCC

We're marching to state capitals in March of 1999!
     We're marching to our nation's capital in April of 2000!
          We're marching to the ballot box in November of 2000!

(END)

For Additional Information, Contact:
UFMCC Communications Department
8704 Santa Monica Blvd.,  2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA  90069
Tel. (310) 360-8640, Ext. 226
Fax: (310) 360-8680
E-mail: [email-masked]
website: http://www.ufmcc.com