Subject: An Invitation to Take A Complimentary Email Journey into SoulForce
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:24:43 EST

From The News Service
of the Universal Fellowship
of Metropolitan Community Churches

[UFMCC EDITOR'S NOTE: The Rev. Dr. Mel White was a long-time professor at
Fuller Theological Seminary and a former ghostwriter for Billy Graham, Jerry
Falwell and Pat Robertson. Since his coming out as an openly gay man, Dr.
White has led spiritual justice workshops on SoulfForce from the teachings of
Jesus, Gandhi and King.]

A Message From
The Rev. Dr. Mel White, Justice Minister
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches

Dear Friend:

With all the advances lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered Americans have 
made in the thirty years since Stonewall, we are still second-class-citizens 
in our own country, victims of discrimination, intolerance, harassment, and 
hate.  

Tired of struggling against the endless "anti-gay" initiatives, stunned by 
recent trials of clergy who supported us, angry at the rash of violent crimes 
and murders, there is a sense of violence in the air.

For example, here is an excerpt from an e-mail I received February 22, 1999: 

"…We gays haven't turned violent, YET; but let there be some more 
Shepard-style murders and then we shall see. Many of us older gays served in 
the U.S.Armed Forces and learned how to handle M-16s and demolition devices. 
One dead gay is good for one burned-out fundie church…"   

Violence is NOT the answer and yet the principles of NONVIOLENCE as 
demonstrated in our century by Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. are not 
well known to our community.

On February 22, 1999, I offered a complimentary, eight-week, sixteen-email 
"Journey into SoulForce."  

Within hours, 1,000 people had applied from ten different countries.   

On March 1 that "Journey…" began with almost 2,000 on board. So many people 
signed up that we began a second "Journey…" two weeks later. People are 
signing up for our third "Journey into SoulForce" that begins on April 5.  

If you would like to join the "Journey…" with us, simply e-mail me at 
[email-masked].  

The "Journey…" is free and you can drop out at any time.  

Or visit our new SoulForce web page at htp://www.soulforce.org for news of 
other "Journeys..." 

You are welcome to join us.

Mel            

(END)

Distributed By:
UFMCC Communications Department
8704 Santa Monica Blvd.,  2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA  90069

Tel. (310) 360-8640
Fax: (310) 360-8680

E-mail: [email-masked]

website: http://www.ufmcc.com