Subject: Former United Methodist Pastor Pens Stirring Coming Out Journal
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:05:49 EDT

New Publication Alert  .  Review Copies Available

Former United Methodist Pastor 
Pens Stirring Coming Out Journal:
Out with a Passion

"A potential classic of spiritual literature" is how Rev. Elder Nancy Wilson 
of Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles describes a forthcoming book 
by MCC pastor, Dr. Richard T. Rossiter.  

Rossiter was a successful United Methodist pastor in Western Michigan with a 
wife and children. But his understanding was that living in Christ meant 
living in total honesty with self, and his soul was not at peace. 

This is Dr. Rossiter's journal and dialogue with God as he faced the 
difficult but healing path to accepting himself as a gay man.

Out with a Passion: A United Methodist Pastor's Quest for Authenticity (ISBN: 
1-886360-07-3) will be published in early April by Alamo Square Press and 
available in gay/lesbian and MCC bookstores as well as through Amazon.com and 
barnesandnoble.com.

"In a time when the church is divided on homosexuality, Rossiter offers a 
voice too often unheard.  His longing for intimacy with God and health in 
relationships, his gift of prayer, theological reflection and honest dialogue 
invite the reader to take up the struggle," says United Methodist Bishop 
Sharon Zimmerman Rader.

Foreword on the book was written by gay author and Episcopal priest Malcolm 
Boyd who concluded, "You won't read another book like this one in a month of 
Sundays."

Rossiter's book comes at a pivotal time for The United Methodist Church, 
which now faces ecclesiastic trials for pastors involved in marrying lesbian 
lovers in Sacramento this past winter.

In 1996, pressed to leave the United Methodist ministry,  Dr. Rossiter's 
ordination was reaffirmed with the Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan 
Churches, where he now serves as director of Spiritual Direction Ministries 
in Chicago, Ill.

Individuals may order copies directly from the publisher:

Alamo Square Distributors
P.O. Box 14543
San Francisco, CA 94114
enclose $11.95 (U.S.) per book (checks, no credit cards)
($2.00 postage for first book, $.50 more for each additional book)

Established publications may contact the publisher for review copies or 
author interviews:

(505) 384-9766 (voice or fax)

[email-masked]

(END)