Subject: Feminist Majority Endorses Millennium March On Washington
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:54:26 EST

From The News Service
of the Universal Fellowship of
Metropolitan Community Churches

Monday, February 22, 1999

Feminist Majority Endorses
Millennium March On Washington

Statement by the Rev. Troy D. Perry
to the Friends and Members of UFMCC:

A second major national endorsement within the past week has significantly
increased momentum around the Millennium March on Washington for Equality.

We are excited that the Feminist Majority, under the able direction of Eleanor
Smeal, has joined the growing list of organizations and leaders endorsing the
Millennium March.

For the past 12 years, the Feminist Majority and the Feminist Majority
Foundation have been leaders in the fight for equality through the Global
Feminism Project, the Campaign to Stop Violence Against Women, the National
Clinic Defense Project, and an extensive array of campus, leadership and
equality programs.

We are honored to work hand in hand with the Feminist Majority to promote
equality under the law through the Millennium March on Washington.

I especially salute the dedicated work of Eleanor Smeal, President; Peg
Yorkin, Chair of the Board; and Katherine Spillar, National Coordinator.

In making the announcement, the Board of Directors of the Feminist Majority
noted:

"The Feminist Majority endorses the Millennium March on Washington for
Equality which will be held on April 30, 2000. The March for Lesbians, Gays,
Bisexuals, Transgenders and their Allies is an important opportunity for all
movements working for human rights and equality to come together to show our
strength, to empower ourselves and to mobilize for the Year 2000 elections."

The Feminist Majority joins a growing roster of organizational endorsers,
including but not limited to the  ACLU Foundation of Southern California,
American Baptists Concerned, American Psychological Association (Div. 44),
Apple Lambda, Camp Sister Spirit, Chi Rho Press, Chrysalis Transgendered
Organizations, Companion Press, Dignity USA, Evangelical Anglican Church, Gay
and Lesbian Medical Association, Gay and Lesbian Parents Coalition, Gay Wired,
GenderPAC, Human Rights Campaign, IBM Employee Diversity Network,
International Transgender Law Conference, Lambda Aloha, LLEGO, National
Coalition for Sexual Freedom, National Organization for Women, Old Lesbians
Organizing for Change, Out Front Minnesota, PFLAG, PlanetOut, Prodigy's
Rainbow Universe, Q Spirit, San Francisco Pride, Serra Project, Triangle
Survival Network, UFMCC, Women In The Moon Publishers.

(END)

For Additional Information, Contact:
Alice Cohan, Director of National Programs
The Feminist Majority
Tel. 703-522-2214
E-Mail: [email-masked]

James Birkitt, Director of Communications
UFMCC Communications Department
8704 Santa Monica Blvd.,  2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA  90069
Tel. (310) 360-8640, Ext. 226
Fax: (310) 360-8680
E-mail: [email-masked]
website: http://www.ufmcc.com