Subject: A&U Magazine Endorses Millennium March on Washington 2000
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:48:00 EDT

From The News Service
of the Universal Fellowship of
Metropolitan Community Churches

A & U Magazine
Endorses Millennium March
Serving the HIV & AIDS Community

Statement by the Rev. Troy D. Perry:

A&U Magazine, one of the nation's premier magazines serving the HIV and AIDS 
community, has given its endorsement to the Millennium March on Washington 
scheduled for April 30, 2000.

I'm honored to welcome A&U to the distinguished list of endorsers of the 
Millennium March. A&U has been instrumental in elevating understanding and 
compassion for the HIV community and is a valuable educational tool.

Founded in 1991, the mission of A&U is "to collect, archive, publish and 
distribute the growing body of literature, art, and activism from the AIDS 
pandemic" and the magazine notes that "living with AIDS is about more than 
pills and therapies. It's about our collective freedom, tears, loves, 
struggles and occasional victories."

Subscribers to this respected periodical include a cross section of AIDS 
educators and activists, business and civic leaders, artists and 
intellectuals, physicians and pharmacists, as well as PWAs and their families 
and care givers.

This will be the fourth national (USA) March on Washington in the history of 
the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered justice movement. MMOW will take 
place on April 30, 2000 on the Mall in Washington, DC.

Organizers have called for the March on Washington to be as broad and diverse 
as are all of our GLBT communities.

A&U Magazine joins a growing roster of organizational endorsers, including 
but not limited to the  ACLU Foundation of Southern California, American 
Baptists Concerned, American Psychological Association (Div. 44), Apple 
Lambda, Camp Sister Spirit, Chi Rho Press, Christian Science Lesbians, 
Chrysalis Transgendered Organizations, Coastal Pride of Florida, College 
Democrats, Companion Press, Dignity USA, Equality Under Alaska Law, 
Evangelical Anglican Church, Feminist Majority, Gay and Lesbian Medical 
Association, Gay and Lesbian Parents Coalition, Gay Wired, GenderPAC, Hay 
Foundation, Human Rights Campaign, IBM Employee Diversity Network, 
International Foundatin for Gender Education, International Transgender Law 
Conference, Interpride Association of Pride Groups, Lambda Aloha, LLEGO, 
Maryland Gay Resource Network, National Association of Social Workers 
(Maryland Chapter), National Center for Lesbian Rights, National Coalition 
for Sexual Freedom, National Organization for Women, Old Lesbians Organizing 
for Change, Out & About Newsletter, Out Front Minnesota, PFLAG, PlanetOut, 
Prodigy's Rainbow Universe, Q Spirit, San Francisco Pride, Serra Project, 
Triangle Survival Network, UFMCC, Unity Fellowship Church Movement, William 
Way LGBT Community Center, Women In The Moon Publishers.

Incidentally, anyone interested in serving on the Board of Directors or the 
MMOW Leadership Council should send a letter of interest and a resume to 
Duane Cramer, c/o The NAMES Project AIDS Quilt, 310 Townsend Street, #310, 
San Francisco, CA  94107.

Additional information on the Millennium March on Washington is available by 
writing to Robin Tyler, Executive Producer, at MMOW, Post Office Box 65960, 
Washington, DC  20035. E-mail messages may be sent to [email-masked]

Yours,
The Rev. Troy D. Perry
Moderator of UFMCC

(END)

For Additional Information, Contact:
UFMCC Communications Department
8704 Santa Monica Blvd.,  2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA  90069
Tel. (310) 360-8640, Ext. 226
Fax: (310) 360-8680
E-mail: [email-masked]
website: http://www.ufmcc.com