Subject: NOW Endorses Millennium March On Washington
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:32:50 EST

From The News Service
of the Universal Fellowship of
Metropolitan Community Churches

National Organization for Women
Endorses Millennium March On Washington

Statement by the Rev. Troy D. Perry
to the Friends and Members of UFMCC:

We are honored to welcome the National Organization for Women (NOW) to the
growing list of endorsers of the Millennium March on Washington for Equality.

NOW has been at the forefront of the struggle for equality for all people and
their support and participation greatly contributed to the success of the
previous LGBT Marches on Washington.

In announcing the endorsement, NOW noted its anticipation that "the March
agenda will address discrimination based on not only sexual orientation, but
also sex, race, class, age and disability" and that the Board of Directors for
the March "will represent the diversity of the LGBT community, including open
lesbians of all races, colors, abilities, classes and ages."

I am especially pleased by NOW's insistence that the Millennium March include
the "wide diversity of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT)
community" in the organizational process. From the outset, I, too, have
insisted that the March must be as broad and diverse as our GLBT communities.

Finally, I heartily echo the call of Patricia Ireland, who said, "Not is the
time to close ranks and fight our enemies -- not each other."

NOW joins a growing roster of organizational endorsers, including but not
limited to the  ACLU Foundation of Southern California, American Baptists
Concerned, American Psychological Association (Div. 44), Apple Lambda, Camp
Sister Spirit, Chi Rho Press, Chrysalis Transgendered Organizations, Companion
Press, Dignity USA, Evangelical Anglican Church, Gay and Lesbian Medical
Association, Gay and Lesbian Parents Coalition, Gay Wired, GenderPAC, Human
Rights Campaign, IBM Employee Diversity Network, International Transgender Law
Conference, Lambda Aloha, LLEGO, National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, Old
Lesbians Organizing for Change, Out Front Minnesota, PFLAG, PlanetOut,
Prodigy's Rainbow Universe, Q Spirit, San Francisco Pride, Serra Project,
Triangle Survival Network, UFMCC, Women In The Moon Publishers.

(END)

For Additional Information, Contact:
NOW Press Office
Tel. 202-33109966, Ext. 762
Fax: 202-785-8576
E-Mail: [email-masked]

UFMCC Communications Department
8704 Santa Monica Blvd.,  2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA  90069
Tel. (310) 360-8640, Ext. 226
Fax: (310) 360-8680
E-mail: [email-masked]
website: http://www.ufmcc.com