Subject: NEWS RELEASE: Same-Sex Wedding To Be Largest Ever
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:58:49 EDT

N E W S   R E L E A S E
from the Universal Fellowship
of Metropolitan Community Churches

"The Wedding" To Be Highlight
of Millennium March on Washington
To Be Largest Same-Sex Wedding Ever

Los Angeles --  A mass celebration of same-sex marriage will be one of the
highlights of the Millennium March on Washington for Equality in April of
2000, the first human rights march of the new millennium.

The Rev. Troy D. Perry, founder and moderator of the Universal Fellowship of
Metropolitan Community Churches (UFMCC), will officiate at "The Wedding: Now
More Than Ever." UFMCC is the world's largest and oldest spiritual
organization offering positive affirming spirituality to the gay, lesbian,
bisexual and transgendered communities.

Perry conducted "The Wedding" for 2600 couples at the 1993 March on
Washington. That event stands as the largest same-sex wedding celebration in
history.

"Based on early response, I anticipate that more than 5000 couples will take
part in "The Wedding: Now More Than Ever," said Perry.

"Participants will not only be able to celebrate their love and commitment in
a memorable, historic event, but we'll also make a powerful statement to the
world," added Perry.

"The Wedding: Now More Than Ever" will take place in front of the Internal
Revenue Service Building in Washington, DC on Saturday, April 29. The event is
open to all couples who wish to publicly make their wedding vows, or wish to
renew their wedding vows.

According to an assistant to Perry, their will again be a modest registration
fee to participate in "The Wedding," and each couple will receive a
personalized certificate of participation in the historic event.

For additional details, contact UFMCC by e-mail at [email-masked], or write
to UFMCC, 8704 Santa Monica Boulevard, 2nd Floor, West Hollywood, CA  98869.

Founded in 1968, UFMCC is composed of 42,000 members and adherents in 300
congregations in 15 countries. For more information, visit the UFMCC website
at http://www.ufmcc.com.

(END)

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT:
James N. Birkitt, Jr.
UFMCC Communications Department
8704 Santa Monica Blvd.,  2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA  90069

Tel. (310) 360-8640
Fax: (310) 360-8680

E-mail: [email-masked]

website: http://www.ufmcc.com