Subject: PRESS RELEASE: Notes from the Millennium March
From: UfmccHq <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:41:38 EDT

PRESS RELEASE:
MILLENNIUM MARCH ON WASHINGTON 2000

Contact: Robin Tyler, Executive Producer
 
E-Mail: [email-masked]

NOTES FROM THE MARCH
~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~
~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

MARCH ON WASHINGTON
AT THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION
OF GAY AND LESBIAN TRAVEL AGENTS CONFERENCE

The Millennium March on Washington for Equality has already reserved nearly
10,000 rooms in Washington, DC to be used as a fundraiser for the March.
Robin Tyler, Executive Producer of the March, and Sue Ryder-Scott of L'Arc en
Ciel Voyages, the official March travel provider, presented a workshop to an
enthusiastic group of travel industry agents and personnel at the conference.
The rooms will be available through local IGLTA travel agents.

MARCH TO RAISE MONEY THROUGH ROOM REVENUES...
                          ...WHILE PROTECTING RATES FOR PARTICIPANTS.
The hotel rooms have been reserved at special rates, and will not be marked up
above retail rates. In treating the March as a conference, travel agents can
earn their commissions, the March will be able to use it as a fund-raiser, and
the GLBT community will be able to obtain rooms at a reasonable rate. In past
large gatherings (both gay and non-gay) many rooms have been marked up way
beyond their original rate. This will insure a fair deal for everyone.

NUMEROUS VENUES AVAILABLE TO ORGANIZATIONS
In addition to the rooms, the March has reserved many venues in Washington to
be used by organizations which would like to use them as a fundraiser for the
organization and for the March. This is to insure that dances, performances,
and various events will benefit organizations trying to raise money, and not
just individual promoters.

MARCH LOGO CONTEST FOR POSTERS, T-SHIRTS ANNOUNCED!
There will be an official March logo developed for posters, T-shirts and other
sales. The March is inviting submissions for the official Millennium March
logo.  All proceeds of sales of the posters and other March products will go
to the March on Washington. For details on the logo contest, contact
[email-masked].

FOR TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS INFORMATION
For further information regarding travel and accommodations, e-mail Larc en
Ciel Voyages at [email-masked] or call 1-610-964-7888.

JOIN THE MILLENNIUM MARCH MAILING LIST!
To subscribe to the free Millennium March on Washington 2000 mailing list for
regular updates on events, endorsers and March-related news -- or to volunteer
to help the March -- e-mail [email-masked] or call the March office at (818)
891-1748.

(END)

For Additional Press Information, Contact:

Robin Tyler, Executive Producer

Tel. (818) 891-1748

E-Mail: [email-masked]