Subject: Millennium March To Energize, Strengthen GLBT Organizations
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:38:17 EDT

A PUBLIC STATEMENT
By the Rev. Troy D. Perry

Millennium March To Mobilize, Energize, Strengthen
All Participating GLBT Organizations

STATEMENT BY THE REV. TROY D. PERRY:

The Millennium March on Washington provides an opportunity to carry our
powerful GLBT message to the greater society -- and it also provides an
unparalleled opportunity for every GLBT group to realize lasting
organizational benefits.

As an organization which has served on every Executive Committee of every
March on Washington ever held, UFMCC has observed this to be true in every
previous March on Washington, and is convinced it will be equally true in
2000.

The Marches on Washington have consistenly offered these unique benefits to
every participating organization:

1.  The opportunity to mobilize and inspire your constituents.

2.  The opportunity to raise your organization's visbility and to generate
media coverage and public relations benefits for your organization.

3.  The opportunity to share your organization's unique mission and services
with the entire GLBT community.

4.  The opportunity to attract new members and supporters to your cause.

5.  The opportunity to network with other GLBT organizations.

By way of example, the UFMCC has found the Marches provide a stellar
opportunity to leverage our participation. Among the ways we have done this:
We have held worship services at the Lincoln Memorial at each of the
Marches... We conducted the largest mass same-sex wedding ever held... We have
promoted UFMCC's participation through our internal communications to inspire
and mobilize our members... We have leveraged our participation in the Marches
to build strategic alliances with other organizations.

Every organization will have unique opportunities to present their vital work
to the entire GLBT community. There will be unparalleled opportunities for
both national and international press coverage. Numerous venues will be
available for hosting organizational events. And many organizations will be
holding fundraising events, distributing membership information, etc.

I encourage the broadest possible representation in the Millennium March and
encourage all organizations to leverage their participation. Such creative
leveraging will have positive, lasting effects... will draw new members and
supporters to all of the participating organizations... will serve to
strengthen various groups... and will energize our entire movement.

For details on how your organization can become an official endorser of the
Millennium March on Washington, send an e-mail inquiry to [email-masked].
Endorsement forms and March information will be forwarded to you promptly.

/signed/
Troy D. Perry
Moderator of UFMCC

(END)

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT:
UFMCC Communications Department
8704 Santa Monica Blvd.,  2nd Floor
West Hollywood, CA  90069

Tel. (310) 360-8640
Fax: (310) 360-8680

E-mail: [email-masked]

website: http://www.ufmcc.com