Subject: Equality Principles
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 19:05:51 -0400

The International Network of Lesbian and Gay Officials (INLGO) is an official
endorser of the Equality Principles for Sexual Orientation.  The Principles
are stated below:

THE EQUALITY PRINCIPLES ON SEXUAL ORIENTATION

To become successful in the ever-competitive world of business, a company
must strive to create an environment in which all employees are treated with
respect.  Through the cultivating of diversity in the workplace, a company
can draw fully upon the potential for creativity and commitment represented
by all its employees.  Implementation of these Equality Principles on Sexual
Orientation are an important step in that direction.

1.  Explicit prohibitions against discrimination based on sexual orientation
will be included in the company's written employment policy statement.

2.  Discrimination against HIV positive employees or those with AIDS will be
strictly prohibited.

3.  Employee groups, regardless of sexual orientation, will be given equal
standing with other employee associations.

4.  Diversity training will include sexual orientation issues.

5.  Spousal benefits will be offered to domestic partners of employees,
regardless of sexual orientation, on an equal basis with those granted to
married employees.

6.  Company advertising policy will bar negative sexual orientation
stereotypes and will not discriminate in media advertising on the basis of
sexual orientation.

7.  Companies will not discriminate in the sale and purchase of goods and
services on the basis of sexual orientation.

8.  Written non-discrimination policies on sexual orientation must be
disseminated throughout the company.  A senior company official will be
appointed to monitor compliance corporate wide.

WALL STREET PROJECT