Subject: IGRA International Country Wetsern Dance Competition
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 11:01:34 -0700 (MST)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Contact Thom Sloan, IGRA PR Spokesperson at
[505]272-2670.

The International Gay Rodeo Association is please to announce its thirteenth
[13th] annual convention in Salt Lake City, Utah, July 24-27, 1997. While the
convention is the annual business meeting of the IGRA and is open only to IGRA
 Member Association delegates, alternates and members, there is another event
held in conjunction with the convention which is open to the public. That is
the International Country Western Dance Competition. This event features
members of IGRA Member Associations from across the U.S. and Canada competing
in four different levels of competition:

- First Time - for first time contestants who are not teachers or professionals
dancers
- Beginner - may have been line dance or couples teachers but are not
professional dancers
- Intermediate - may have been teachers for country western couples dancing
- Advanced - may have been couples teachers and professional dancers

Each couple must compete in compulsory two-step and waltz competitions and aslo
in a free-style section. There are five [5] judges scoring all couples  for
dress style and dance style including content, execution, and style. A Member
Association may only enter one couple in each level of competition. 

The Dance Competition will be held on July 25th and 26th in the evenings
starting at 7:00 P.M. at the Centro Civico Mexicano, 155 South 600 West, Salt
Lake City, UT. Admission will be $5.00. This is a tremendous opportunity to see
some outstanding exhibition-style country western dancing. So, if you're a fan
of C/W dancing, please plan to join us in Salt Lake City in July. For more
information about the International Dance Competition, please contact Thom
Sloan, IGRA PR Spokesperson at [505]272-2670.