Subject: The InterPride Home Pages
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 12:31:47 -0400

Greetings to all pride junkies,

With the wonders and advancements of modern science...and the help of the
IAl/GPC's Internet provider...the first version of "The InterPride Home
Pages" are up and running.  Though all our Global Pride Calendars and updates
are listed in The Queer Resources Directory home pages,  our own home pages
will reflect any information that we want to add to them...along with
graphics, pictures or anything else that we want to add to the design.  We
will be adding 'detail' information by city from the events descriptions that
many of you have sent to me very shortly.

AOL is testing their World Wide Web (WWW) software and it can be downloaded
and installed by you to veiw these pages (look in the Internet area).

The InterPride URL address is http://www.tde.com/~ialgpc.

Be patient if you have never done this before...it takes awhile for the
graphics to load and the screen to change.  For others on Internet you need
web browsing software to access the World Wide Web. (i.e. Netscape, etc.),
and you need direct Internet access (not just access to Internet e-mail).

I would appreciate any comments and questions that you have in regards to
this new medium of communication.  I also would like to list any descriptions
of your pride events that have been held. Please include estimated
attendance, outstanding happenings, and any other pertinent info that anyone
would want to read.  We will be creating a 'Library of Pride History', in
effect.  Pictures of your events, sound and all that will be added later once
we get the system organized and ...structured.

The Global Pride Calendar 1995 has been a six week experiment that turned out
great with over 120 cities finally being listed  with pride events in North
America and about 25 in Europe, by update #12.  The InterPride Home Pages
will eclipse this by about 2000%.  All types of information from vendors,
businesses, resources and on-screen seminar sessions on various topics will
eventually be available with linkages to other G/L areas of concern.  This
will become a Gay Pride Web full of all sorts of information and topics.  In
effect we will be able to offer a cyberspace IAL/GPC annual conference
on-line, without the social aspects, of course.  The educational and
networking aspects of this is phenomenal.  On a day in day out basis!!!  And
it is accessible worldwide to anyone with a computer and Internet access.
 Over 60 pride organizations are now on-line with more getting connected
every week.

Please experiment with what is up an running already, more will be added in
the next few weeks and months.  Let us hear from you...the e-mail function is
built into the system.  Just click on our name and start typing away.  I will
also have suggestions of other areas to send you to.  There are many wonders
on the WWW and some great entertainment too.

Gee...is there anyone out there wanting to help with this project?????  It
will be quite large and any help will be appreciated.

In pride,

Tom
Sec./Treas.
IAL/GPC