Subject: Youth College Application Deadline Approaches
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 14:47:07 -0400

YOUTH COLLEGE
Application and Guidelines

YOUTH COLLEGE APPLICATION DEADLINE APPROACHES
GO TO HRC'S WEBSITE TO APPLY
http://www.hrcusa.org

Human Rights Campaign is seeking a diverse group of individuals ages 18-24 to
participate in the
first ever Youth College for Campaign Training. Ideally, Youth College
participants will have:
     
              experience with community organizing or related volunteer work
              some campaign or other electoral volunteer/work experience
                   the ability to work full-time for three months this fall
on an assigned campaign

Attach to this form a one page resume, two letters of recommendations (no
more than one page
each in length) and your Personal Statement.

Personal Statement Guidelines: In 250-500 words (no more than two pages),
please describe your
reasons for applying to the Youth College. What qualifications or prior
experience do you have
that will benefit your participation? What do you hope to get out of and give
to this program?
What are your future goals?

Application Process: All materials are due in the HRC office on April 30 by
5:00 p.m. EST. 
Note: This is not a postmark deadline. Send materials to: Human Rights
Campaign, attention:
Youth College                                     1101 14th St. NW, Suite
200, Washington, DC 20005
Semi-finalists will be notified by May 20. Phone interviews will be conducted
with semi-finalists.
Finalists and alternates will be notified by June 1.

Questions?  Contact Gary Schiff, Youth College Coordinator at 202.628.4160
extension 8501 or
1.800.866.6263 or e-mail: [email-masked]

All information provided in this application is confidential and will only be
used for selection of
Youth College participants.  

Name_________________________________________     
Current Address_________________________________    
______________________________________________
Home Phone (       )__________Work (       ) __________

Permanent Address (if different than above)
______________________________________________
______________________________________________
Home Phone (       )___________Work (       ) _________

E-Mail Address:_________________________________

reference #1____________________________________
Phone (      )______________Title___________________
Relationship________________________
Number of years the above has known you: ____

Reference #2____________________________________
Phone (      )______________Title___________________
Relationship________________________
Number of years the above has known you: ____

                                                             -30-