Subject: URGENT ACTION - HELMS DECLARES WAR ON RYAN WHITE CARE ACT!!!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 17:45:40 -0400

*****************************************************************
ACTION ALERT             ACTION ALERT             ACTION ALERT

               THE HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN FUND                    

The Nation's Largest Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Political Group   
*****************************************************************
To contact the HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN FUND, please call us at     
(202)628-4160, fax us at (202) 347-5323 or write to us at PO Box 
1396  Washington, DC  20013.  
*****************************************************************

FRIDAY, JULY 21, 1995
5:00 p.m.

           JESSE HELMS DECLARES WAR ON THE RYAN WHITE CARE ACT
                                    
                SENATE LIKELY TO VOTE ON MONDAY AFTER 5PM

                          CALL YOUR SENATOR NOW!

The Ryan White CARE Act -- the leading federal program that
provides care for men, women and children with HIV/AIDS -- is
being debated on the Senate floor right now.  Jesse Helms has
held up the bill for months and is expected to launch a new
attack.  Helms could gut the bill, prevent funds from going to
organizations that serve the gay community and threaten
life-saving care for people with HIV/AIDS.  Helms will have
opportunity to speak from the floor on Monday and has indicated a
full frontal attack on the entire bill.

Call the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 and you will be
connected to your Senators' offices.  Ask to speak to the person
who deals with AIDS issues.  You can also fax and e-mail.  Urge
your Senators to oppose any negative amendments to the Ryan White
CARE Act. 

     1101 14th Street, NW  Suite 200  Washington, DC  20005      
          phone:(202)628-4160      fax:(202) 347-5323