Subject: ENDA - SAMPLE LETTER TO CONGRESS
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:19:10 -0400

*****************************************************************
SAMPLE LETTER           SAMPLE LETTER           SAMPLE LETTER

               THE HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN FUND                    

The Nation's Largest Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Political Group   
*****************************************************************
To contact the HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN FUND, please call us at     
(202)628-4160, fax us at (202) 347-5323 or write to us at PO Box 
1396  Washington, DC  20013.  WE CANNOT RESPOND TO E-MAIL.  
*****************************************************************

Congress needs to hear from you on the importance of the
Employment Non-Discrimination Act! Use the following sample
letter as a guide for your own communications with your Members
of Congress:

*****************************************************************

Dear ____________:

I urge you to co-sponsor and support the Employment Non-
Discrimination Act (ENDA).  ENDA would prohibit job
discrimination, quotas, and other forms of unfair special
treatment in the workplace on the basis of sexual orientation. 
Currently, no federal law protects hard-working lesbian, gay,
bisexual, and even heterosexual Americans from being fired for
reasons that have nothing to do with their job performance.

Despite sincere differences in other areas, voters of all
political stripes agree that Americans should be free from unfair
discrimination on the job--whether they are gay or not.  ENDA
exempts religious organizations, small businesses, and the
military.  It expressly prohibits quotas.  It applies to gay and
non-gay people alike, putting no group ahead of any other.  In
short, ENDA would guarantee equal rights and prohibit "special
rights" in the workplace.  I hope you will support the
fundamental American values of fairness and non-discrimination by
co-sponsoring ENDA.  I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

____________

*****************************************************************

     1101 14th Street, NW  Suite 200  Washington, DC  20005      
          phone:(202)628-4160      fax:(202) 347-5323