Subject: HRCF ACTION ALERT: DC ADOPTION RIGHTS
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 13:34:56 -0400

*****************************************************************
ACTION ALERT             ACTION ALERT             ACTION ALERT

               THE HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN FUND                    

 The Nation's Largest Lesbian and Gay Equal Rights Organization  
*****************************************************************
To contact the HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN FUND, please call us at     
(202)628-4160, fax us at (202) 347-5323 or write to us at PO Box 
1396  Washington, DC  20013.  
*****************************************************************

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 1995
          
          DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ADOPTION RIGHTS UNDER ATTACK!!
          
Currently, gays and lesbians have the right to adopt in
Washington, DC.  We expect an attack of gay and lesbian adoptions
during consideration of the DC Appropriations bill.  These
attacks may have the effect of denying homes to children who
need them.
          
The subcommittee action on the Appropriations bill is scheduled
for Thursday, September 14th, at 10:30am.  Please call your
member of the DC Subcommittee of the House Appropriations
Committee, and urge them to oppose any amendments to the DC
Appropriations Bill that single out gay and lesbian Americans for
discrimination.
          
          DC SUBCOMMITTEE OF THE HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE

          James Walsh, Chair (R, NY-25)
          Henry Bonilla (R, TX-23)
          Jack Kingston (R, GA-01)
          Rodney Frelinhuysen (R, NJ-11)
          Mark Neumann (R, WI-01)
          Julian Dixon (D, CA-23)
          Richard Durbin (D, IL-20)
          Marcy Kaptur (D, OH-09)

*****************************************************************

     1101 14th Street, NW  Suite 200  Washington, DC  20005      
          phone:(202)628-4160      fax:(202) 347-5323