From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 17:56:35 -0400 Eastern

NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY 
ANNOUNCEMENT
PART TIME/FULL TIME SUMMER INTERNS NEEDED NOW

   National Coming Out Day is seeking committed, motivated individuals to
intern with the National Coming Out Day program.  National Coming Out Day
focuses on promoting positive images of gays, lesbians and bisexuals,
fostering safe, supportive environments for coming out and emphasizes the
political power of being out of the closet. NCOD is a non-profit
educational project of the Human Rights Campaign Fund (HRCF) Foundation.
 
   HRCF is the nation's largest lesbian, gay and bisexual civil rights
organization.  We work primarily on federal legislation of concern to our
community: lesbian, gay and bisexual civil rights, women's health care,
AIDS funding and reproductive choice.
 
Intern Responsibilities Include:
   * Administrative support for HRCF's National Coming Out Day program
   * Working with volunteers in the field, providing technical support,
     event research, coordination and documentation
   * Assisting staff at l/g/b events (including Stonewall and Gay Games in
     New York City), and possibly serving as an HRCF representative at
     some events
   * National Coming Out Day merchandise sales, shipping, tracking,
     documenting
 
   Intern must be reliable, detail oriented, able to work on a number of
ongoing projects, possess good phone skills.  Computer skills a plus.
 
Hours:               20-40 hours/wk flexible, but must set regular hours
Stipend:             $100-200/wk
Dates of Internship: Internships are for a minimum 3 months
beginning May 1994  
 
   For further information call Wes Combs at HRCF: 800-866-6263 or send
your resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
   Wes Combs
   National Coming Out Day
   P.O. Box 34640
   Washington, DC 20043-4640

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 13, 1993
WOMEN AND PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.