Subject: Victory Fund Honors Officials
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 14:23:20 EDT

************************************************************************
 PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE 
************************************************************************

Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund
1012 14th Street, NW Suite 707
Washington, DC  20005
voice: (202) 842-8679
fax:   (202) 289-3863
email: [email-masked]

GAY AND LESBIAN VICTORY FUND TO HONOR 
ELECTED AND APPOINTED OFFICIALS 
AT NEW YORK EVENTS

WASHINGTON, DC    April 12, 1994    During the weekend of June 24-26, when
hundreds of thousands of lesbians and gay men are expected to participate in
the events celebrating the Gay Games and observance of Stonewall 25, the Gay
and Lesbian Victory Fund will honor openly gay and lesbian public officials
from across the country.

     Recognizing Our Own will pay tribute to the 133 openly lesbian and gay
elected and appointed officials in the U.S., and two individuals will receive
"Vickies" for their outstanding support of lesbian and gay electoral and
political accomplishments.  The reception will be held at The Supper Club,
located at 240 West 47th Street, on Friday, June 24, from 6 to 8 p.m. and
will include a video tribute to the public officials.  The reception revisits
the popular event held during the 1993 March on Washington.  

     Celebrities, VIPs, Victory Circle members and dignitaries will attend a
$1000-a-plate dinner on Saturday, June 25 at Rockefeller Center's Rainbow
Room, immediately following the closing ceremonies of the Gay Games.  The
evening celebrates 25 Years Together and is yet another similar event to one
held during the 1993 March on Washington.

     The final Victory Fund event that weekend will be OLYMPUS:  Home of the
Gods to be held at Roseland Ballroom at 239 West 52nd Street.  The dance is
being produced by lighting czar Richard Sabala, who worked his magic at the
Spring to Life benefit dance party at the Old Post Office Pavilion before the
1993 March on Washington. West Coast party promoter Rod Roderick also lends
his skills and expertise in making this the social event of the Gay Games. 
General admission tickets are $40 and VIP tickets 
are $100. Tickets may be obtained through TicketMaster 1-800-450-9494 or
(202) VICTORY.
       
     The OLYMPUS event is designed to utilize the latest light and sound
technology with the vast floor space at Roseland to create a 
visually-stunning environment from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.  Stephen Keen of San
Francisco and Buc of Atlanta are the DJ's. 
     
[For more information about these events, please contact Rick Ellsasser at
the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund at (202) 842-8679.  Major sponsors ofthis
event include Miller Brewing Company and the House of Seagram.]