Subject: CALL FOR PROPOSALS-GLSTN CONFERENCES
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:36:25 -0500

*****PLEASE POST AND RE-POST AS WIDELY AS POSSIBLE*****

GLSTN CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS PROPOSAL FORM 
For the 1997 National and Regional Conferences

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS---DECEMBER 15, 1996

GLSTN conferences provide those working to create more inclusive climates 
on issues of sexual orientation in K-12 schools with concrete tools they 
can use in their work.  Sessions at past conferences have included: "Gay 
and Lesbian History for High School Students"; "'But They're Too Young!': 
Discussing Gay and Lesbian Issues with Elementary-Age Students"; 
"Impacting School Board Elections: A Guide for Citizens"; and "'Straight 
But Not Narrow': The Role Of Heterosexual Allies."  

Interested individuals and organizations are invited to submit proposals 
for workshop sessions by completing this form.  Indicate at the close of 
this form the conferences for which you wish to present, bearing in mind 
that GLSTN does provide complimentary registration for conference(s) but 
does not cover travel or other expenses.  Please share this information 
with other interested individuals as well. 

If there will be more than one presenter, copy Part 1 of this form and 
complete all contact and demographic information for EACH presenter.  

The deadline is December 15, 1996.

PART 1

Name:______________________________________________________________________
__

Are you the only presenter? Yes_____  No _____ If "No" please include 
information from PART 1 on your co-presenter(s)

Work/Affiliation: 
__________________________________________________________

Address: 
___________________________________________________________________

City: ___________________________ State: _________ Zip: 
_____________________

Telephone: (________)____________________  Fax: 
(________)___________________  	
	
Email: ______________________________ 

GLSTN strives to acheive diversity in both its conference presenters, and 
in the presentation material. Please provide the following information 
about yourself:

Gender:  __Male   __Female     __Transgender

Race/Ethnicity:	
__White		
__African-American	
__Hispanic/Latino(a)	
__Asian/Pacific Islander
__Native American	
__Multiracial	
__Other, please specify ______________________

Sexual Orientation:
__Gay
__Lesbian
__Bisexual
__Heterosexual

PART 2

Title of Workshop 
Session:___________________________________________________________________
_   

Brief Description of Workshop (75 words or less--attach additional sheet 
if necessary)

Intended Audience(s)--please check all that apply

__educators, please specify level: 	__elementary (K-4)  __middle (5-8)  
__secondary (9-12)
__ parents			
__ students		
__ community members

Audio/Visual Requests/requirements*

__ Flip Chart	
__ VCR and monitor	
__ Slide projector/screen	
__ Overhead projector/screen
__ Other: ________________________
* Audio/Visual requests are subject to availability

Conference(s) at which you wish to present--please check all that apply

__The GLSTN National Conference--Sat.-Sun., March 22-23, Salt Lake City, 
UT

__The Second Annual GLSTN/Southern Regional Conference--Sat. February 22, 
 Atlanta

__The Third Annual GLSTN/Northeastern Regional Conference--Sat. April 5, 
Boston

__The Third Annual GLSTN/Midwestern Regional Conference--Sat.-Sun. April 
11-12, Cleveland

__The Third Annual GLSTN/Western Regional Conference--Sat. April 25, Los 
Angeles

Return Proposals by December 15, 1996 to:	

	GLSTN
 ATTN: Conference Proposals
	122 West 26th St., Suite 1100 
	New York, NY 10001 
	By fax: 212-727-0254
	By e-mail: [email-masked]

Thank you for your interest!

========================================================

GLSTNAlert is a GLSTN news bulletin service of the The Gay, Lesbian, and 
Straight Teachers Network (GLSTN). 

========================================================

To Unsubscribe from GLSTNAlert simply send an email to [email-masked] 
with the words "Unsubscribe GLSTNAlert" in the subject line (no quotes 
and note the lack of space in GLSTNAlert).

========================================================

To Subscribe to GLSTNAlert simply send an email to [email-masked] 
with the words "Subscribe GLSTNAlert" in the subject line (no quotes and 
note the lack of space in GLSTNAlert). Also: please write your name in 
the message portion of your email.

========================================================