Subject: Wanted: Volunteers for Voter Registration
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:38:37 -0400

FM:  Eric J.C. Astacaan, Public Policy Associate
        Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center

TO:  Everyone

DATE:  April 29, 1996
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Please cross-post as widely as possible!

L.A. GAY & LESBIAN CENTER SEEKS VOLUNTEERS
FOR VOTER REGISTRATION PROJECT

The Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Community Services Center invites you
and your friends to participate on a voting registration project.  The
project
is called "Promote the Vote Campaign"  with the goal of maximizing
the participation of lesbian/gay/bisexual voters in the fall general
elections by registering new voters and mobilizing all registered voters.

To accomplish this goal, the Gay & Lesbian Center would like to
collaborate with other lesbian/gay/bisexual, AIDS, women's and
people of color organizations, and of course, the general lesbian and
gay community, in a nonpartisan outreach effort for the 1996 elections.
We face the undeniable reality, after the 1994 elections, of both federal
and local political landscapes that have left vulnerable our communities
all across the country.  Through our combined efforts, we will have
the capacity to reach, and hopefully result, in the mobilization of
hundreds of thousands of voters.

The Center is currently conducting voter registration outreach at its
first floor lobby area on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays,
from 5:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m.  We are desperately seeking volunteers
to staff the outreach table during these hours.

If you have an hour or so to help out or would like further information,
please give our Public Policy Department a call at (213) 860-7350.
You may also e-mail us at

          [email-masked] or [email-masked]

We are looking forward to hearing from you real soon.  Thank you.