From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 May 94 09:32:17 EDT

Well, now that I've stated what I think we should do, here is one of the
articles from the recent GLAAD/SFBA post:

I picked this one because this company is doing lgbt people a great service
by providing cards that allow straight people to send a "non-straight" card
to gay people they know.  There have been many times in the past where I've
gotten cards from friends or relatives that I wished related more to things
in my experience.  This company is making cards that relate to my experience,
and to yours.  They are making a pioneering effort, and we should show
some gratitude. :-)

So, write or call them!!!!  After you do so, send me a short message (a line
or two) and I'll add your name to a new list, which will keep track of who
has sent messages from where and how many messages have been sent.  If you
send a message to another group on the GLAAD/SFBA list, I'll add two tick
marks beside your name, as opposed to one.  

Help me take a stand,

;-)

Chris

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOMOSEXUAL HALLMARK
One of the nation's most active homophobic hate groups, the American
Family Association (AFA), is encouraging its members to flood
Dayton-Hudson stores with complaints.  According to the AFA, the stores
"have introduced a line of greeting cards to b sent between straights and
homosexuals."  These evil cards are being sold at Dayton stores in
Minneapolis and Marshall Field's stores in Chicago.  The cards are
produced by Cardthartic, a small, Chicago-based business.
    In their latest newsletter, the 'phobes of the AFA further report --
with horror -- that "a new line of cards from Cardthartic will be for
homosexual men and their mothers, siblings and other family members to
send to each other."  So much for family values.
    To counter the AFA's call for criticism, ssend your supportive cards
and letters to CEO Kenneth Macke, Dayton-Hudson Company, 777 Nicollet
Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55402, tel. 612-370-6948.