Subject: WATCH FOR IT! - "Liveshot"
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 16:54:09 -0500

WATCH FOR IT!

Watch for the Tuesday, November 28th episode of "Liveshot!"  The show airs
airs on Tuesdays at 9:00 pm on UPN in most areas, but check your local
listings for the exact time and channel.  

"Liveshot" takes place in a fictional news station and revolves around the
lives of the various personalities that make up the crew.  It has been hailed
by critics as one of the best new shows, but has been getting poor ratings
due to stiff competition on the "major" networks.  

Lou Waller, played by Tom Byrd, is the show's closeted gay sportscaster.  Up
until now, only the audience knew he was gay.  The Gay & Lesbian Alliance
Against Defamation (GLAAD) commends this show for its accurate representation
of a gay man dealing with the homophobia of the sports broadcasting industry.

On the November 28th episode, Lou fears that he is going to be outed by a gay
organization, when they call a press conference to out a well-known local TV
newsperson.  Succumbing to the pressures of staying in the closet, he comes
out himself.

After the show, you can write: Dan Guntzelman and Steve Marshall, Creators,
"Liveshot," Rysher Entertainment, 3400 Riverside Drive, 6th Floor, Burbank,
California 91505, and also send a letter to Lucy Salhany, President, UPN,
1180 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90025, e-mail:
[email-masked]