Subject: HOW YOU CAN HELP
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 18:04:51 -0400

How YOU can
* Writing

  LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (by regular mail or e-mail) in response to stories
relating to same-sex marriage, or even to marriage issues generally.  Talk
about why gay couples need and deserve the right to marry.  Feel free to use
FORM material, and/or some of your own.    

 LETTERS TO THE BOSTON GLOBE, BAY WINDOWS, and any other newspapers you like
to encourage them to run announcements of same-sex weddings. 

* Sending press clippings and other material on same-sex marriages to FORM
for our archives.  

* Donating STAMPS, OFFICE EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES, COPYING, INTERNET ACCESS
TIME

* Becoming a FORM Member by enclosing a contribution of $20 or more.

* Spreading the word about FORM and marriage rights through:

 LETTERS, CALLS, AND JUST TALKING to friends and family
 EMAILS
 mentioning FORM in your organization's NEWSLETTER
 INVITING us to speak for your group
 DROPPING OFF BROCHURES (at gay and gay-friendly places--contact us for
originals)

* Starting a FORM CHAPTER in your area.  We can give you all the help you
need for a successful first meeting, and beyond.   

* Sharing your skills and time through:

 Becoming a FORM ORGANIZER
 One-Time PROJECTS (less time commitment than above--contact FORM for more
info)
 Specific ONGOING areas like grantwriting, the internet, media relations,
etc. (call us)

 There are many different avenues to attaining marriage rights; everyone has
something to contribute.  Whether you choose to work with FORM, one of the
other local or national organizations, or simply on your own, the important
thing is to get out there and be involved!  Of course, we are always here to
help out with ideas, implementation, and coordination of work at all levels.
 Feel free to contact us anytime for more information on how YOU can be part
of this exciting movement to make marriage a reality for all gay Americans.