Subject: TV Station Reports SD Gov. to Sign Anti-Marriage Bill
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:18:38 -0500

URGENT UPDATE FROM SOUTH DAKOTA

     According to KOTA Television in Rapid City, Governor Bill Janklow says
he'll probably sign the same-sex marriage ban, HB 1143.  The report went on
to say that Janklow says that's the way marriage is supposed to be...adding
that the state has every right to limit marriage to people of opposite sex.
  Further, it said that the Governor had stated a couple of weeks earlier he
didn't understand why the bill was even needed.
    A KOTA Television reporter faxed their story to FACES of South Dakota,
Inc.  for an interview scheduled with FACES executive director later this
afternoon.

Barry Wick
Executive director
Free American Creating Equal Status of South Dakota, Inc.
13121 South Creekview Road
Rapid City, SD  57702-8503
605-343-5577
FAX 605-394-8962
email: [email-masked]
http://www.qrd.org/qrd/usa/south_dakota/FACES
http://www.qrd.org/qrd/orgs/FACES