Subject: South Dakota URGENT UPDATE
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 15:55:10 -0500

As expected, the South Dakota Senate has "smoked-out" HB 1143 from the
Senate Judiciary committee and brought it back to the floor of the Senate.
  The bill had been deferred by the committee yesterday in heated debate.
     It takes a one-third vote of the Senate to return a bill to the floor of
the Senate for reconsideration.
     Free Americans Creating Equal Status of South Dakota is asking South
Dakota activists to contact their Senators today to express their concerns.
     A complete list of South Dakota Senators is available on FACES of SD
websites:
     http://www.qrd.org/qrd/usa/south_dakota/FACES 
     http://www.qrd.org/qrd/orgs/FACES

-30-

Barry Wick
Executive director
FACES of SD, Inc.
13121 South Creekview Road
Rapid City, SD
57702
605-343-5577
FAX 605-394-8962
email: [email-masked]