Subject: South Dakota Senate Listing
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 14:24:35 -0500

We are getting many requests for the lists of legislators from South
Dakota.  In this mailing we present the South Dakota Senate.  The House list
was sent earlier and is still available.  
     South Dakota is expected to consider another ban on same-sex marriage
announced by Representative Roger Hunt, the bill's sponsor last year.  The
session begins on Tuesday, January 9.   As yet there is no bill number to
direct you.
     Last year,  the anti-marriage bill was introduced by Representatives
Hunt, Bierschbach, Fitzgerald, Koetzle, Koskan, Madden, Napoli, Ries, Strand,
Van Gerpen, and Waltman and Senators Lawler, Frederick, Lange, and Whiting.
      This year the electronic bill tracking system is in it's final testing
phases...set-up something like a web-page.  Access is possible for $500, I'm
told, but not though internet sources unless one has the password...which
costs $500.  The supplier couldn't guarantee the system would work so the
Legislative Research Council didn't put it on-line this year though it was
suppose to be.  I know of no South Dakota legislators who have email at this
time.
      
Barry Wick
president/executive director
Free Americans Creating Equal Status of South Dakota, Inc.
13121 South Creekview Road
Rapid City, South Dakota  57702
605-343-5577  phone or fax
email: Facessd

The Senate of South Dakota 1995-1996

Sen. Alan  Aker  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  NM,  District:  35,  Party:  R,
726 Blaine Ave, Rapid City SD 57701 
Occupation:  Logging Contractor
Home Phone:  6053482071,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen Darrell G Bender  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  23,  Party:  R,
1509 Kennedy Dr, Mobridge SD 576011025 
Occupation:  Retired Mayor
Home Phone:  6058457550,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen Jim  Dunn  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  31,  Party:  R,
619 Ridge Rd, Lead SD 577541144 
Occupation:  Ret Public Affairs Dir
Home Phone:  6055843292,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  ,  Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen Rebecca J Dunn  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  15,  Party:  D,
320 N Summit Ave,Sioux Falls SD 571042933 
Occupation:  Speaker; Businesswoman
Home Phone:  6053356524,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen James W Emery  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  30,  Party:  R,
515 Belair DrCuster SD 577301009 
Occupation:  Consultant
Home Phone:  6056734289,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  6056734433,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Barbara  Everist  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  Moved from other house,
 District:  14,  Party:  R,
709 Tomar Rd, Sioux Falls SD 571057053 
Occupation:  Attorney
Home Phone:  6053392952,  Work Phone:  6053390565,  Fax Number:  6053390565,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Charles E Flowers  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  21,  Party:  D, 
PO Box 156, Iriquois SD 573530156 
Occupation:  Trucking
Home Phone:  6055462448,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  6055462198,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Randy  Frederick  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  06,  Party:  R,
RR1 Box 106, Hayti SD 572419634 
Occupation:  Farming
Home Phone:  6057833710,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  6057833710,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Harold W Halverson  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  04,  Party:  R,
RR1 Box 169Twin Brooks SD 572699658 
Occupation:  Ret Insurance Exec
Home Phone:  6054325704, Work Phone:  6054324508,  Fax Number:  ,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen R Lars Herseth  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  02,  Party:  D,
RR1 Box 106,  Houghton SD 574499801 
Occupation:  Farmer; Rancher; Business
Home Phone:  6058856362,  Work Phone:  6053629000,  Fax Number:  6053629242,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Bernie  Hunhoff  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  18,  Party:  D,
PO Box 175, Yankton SD 57780175 
Occupation:  Publishing
Home Phone:  6056652975,  Work Phone:  6056656655,  Fax Number:  6056656659,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Jim  Hutmacher  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  NM,  District:  25,  Party:  D,
HC 69 Box 201A,  Chamberlin SD 57325 
Occupation:  Water Drilling Contractor
Home Phone:  6057346504,  Work Phone:  6057346631,  Fax Number:  ,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen William J Johnson  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  28,  Party:  R,
Box 185, Buffalo SD 577200185 
Occupation:  Rancher; Insurance
Home Phone:  6053753778,  Work Phone:  6053753776,  Fax Number:  ,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Chet  Jones  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  10,  Party:  D,
RR1 Box 305, Brandon SD 570059723 
Occupation:  Sales Supervisor
Home Phone:  6055827118,  Work Phone:  6053395745,  Fax Number:  6053361988,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Marguerite M Kleven  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  GA,  District:  29,  Party:  R,
PO Box 687, Sturgis SD 577850687 
Occupation:  Broadcast Station Owner
Home Phone:  6053475944,  Work Phone:  6053474557,  Fax Number:  6053476503,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Frank J Kloucek  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  19,  Party:  D,
RR1 Box 56, Scotland SD 570599730 
Occupation:  Family Farmer
Home Phone:  6055834468,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  6055834628,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Mitch  LaFleur  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  NM,  District:  32,  Party:  R,
2412 Arrow, Rapid City SD 57702 
Occupation:  Attorney
Home Phone:  6053413943,  Work Phone:  6053434322,  Fax Number:  6053432098,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Gerald F Lange  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  08,  Party:  D, 
RR3 Box 109, Madison SD 570429806 
Occupation:  Farmer; Ret Professor
Home Phone:  6052563676,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  ,  Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen Donn C Larson  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  NM,  District:  16,  Party:  D,
RR1 Box 70, Hudson SD 570349632 
Occupation:  Farmer; Business Owner
Home Phone:  6059842174,  Work Phone:  6059842085,  Fax Number:  6059842085,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Jim  Lawler  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  03,  Party:  D,
13084 385th Ave, Aberdeen SD 57401 
Occupation:  Ret U S Public Health Serv
Home Phone:  6052261126,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen JoAnn  Morford-Burg  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  22,  Party:  D,
38678 SD Highway 34, Wessington Springs SD 573825806 
Occupation:  Reg Investment Rep
Home Phone:  6055391373,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  6055391603,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Richard B Negstad  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  07,  Party:  R,
RR1 Box 46, Volga SD 570719723 
Occupation:  Farmer
Home Phone:  6058264385,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen Pam A Nelson  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  11,  Party:  D,
2505 South Marion Rd, Sioux Falls SD 571060842 
Occupation:  Businesswoman
Home Phone:  6053612505,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen Mel  Olson  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  20,  Party:  D,
600 W 3rd Ave, Mitchell SD 573012434 
Occupation:  Teacher
Home Phone:  6059961082,  Work Phone:  6059953034,  Fax Number:  ,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Keith  Paisley  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  12,  Party:  R,
2409 South Elmwood Ave, Sioux Falls SD 571053315 
Occupation:  Retail Hardware-Ret
Home Phone:  6053325460,  Work Phone:  6053382361,  Fax Number:  6053380550,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Roger A Porch  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  26,  Party:  R,
Box 35, Kadoka SD 57543 
Occupation:  Bank Loan Officer
Home Phone:  6058372489,  Work Phone:  6058592525,  Fax Number:  6058592238,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Roberta A Rasmussen  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  17,  Party:  D,
PO Box 461,  Viborg SD 570700461 
Occupation:  Ret Pork Producer; Acct
Home Phone:  6053265094,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen Mark E Rogen  New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:
 09,  Party:  D,
48790 246th St, Sherman SD 570305519 
Occupation:  Farmer
Home Phone:  6053498032,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  , Capital Fax Number
for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):  605-773-4576

Sen M Michael Rounds  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  24,  Party:  R,
806 Cherry Dr, Pierre SD 575012316 
Occupation:  Ins and Real Estate Exec
Home Phone:  6052249489,  Work Phone:  6052249223,  Fax Number:  6052245831,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Lee  Schoenbeck  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  NM,  District:  01,  Party:  R,
PO Box 181, Webster SD 57274 
Occupation:  Attorney
Home Phone:  6053453859,  Work Phone:  6053454613,  Fax Number:  6053454614,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Jerry J Shoener 
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  34,  Party:  R,
4012 Clover St, Rapid City SD 577020252 
Occupation:  Business Owner
Home Phone:  6053432486,  Work Phone:  6053424270,  Fax Number:  6053420026,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Kermit  Staggers 
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  NM,  District:  13,  Party:  R,
1135 S Walts Ave, Sioux Falls SD 571050543 
Occupation:  University Professor
Home Phone:  6053320357,  Work Phone:  6053316754,  Fax Number:  6053316615,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Jim D Thompson  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  NM,  District:  05,  Party:  R,
1016 4th St NW, Watertown SD 57201 
Occupation:  Rodeo Cowboy; Marketing Co
Home Phone:  6058863521,  Work Phone:  6058863521,  Fax Number:  6058862121,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Paul  Valandra  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  I,  District:  27,  Party:  D,
PO Box 909, Mission SD 575550909 
Occupation:  Administrator 
Home Phone:  6057472827,  Work Phone:  6057472381,  Fax Number:  6057472243,
 Capital Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576

Sen Fred C Whiting  
New Member, Incumbent, Governors Appointee:  Moved from other house,
 District:  33,  Party:  R,
7573 Crossbill Cr, Rapid City SD 577029026 
Occupation:  Business
Home Phone:  6053488079,  Work Phone:  ,  Fax Number:  6053419367,  Capital
Fax Number for All Legislators (to be directed to individuals only):
 605-773-4576