Subject: FACES of South Dakota Newsletter Vol 2 #1
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 10:52:49 -0500

FACES of South Dakota Newsletter  Part 1

February 28, 1996 Vol. 2  #1
South Dakota Legislators and Governor approve Special Marriage Rights for
Straights
In South Dakota the law reads that marriage is only for a man and a woman.
 The Governor signed House Bill 1143 on Wednesday, February 21st.
The South Dakota Senate passed House Bill 1143 on a vote 26-8 
The vote followed on the heals of a 4-2 deferment from the Senate Judiciary
Committee that would have killed the bill.  The committee’s decision did not
stand and the full Senate voted to "smoke-out" the bill to bring it up for a
vote.  The House State Affairs committee also turned down the bill, 8-5,  on
a tabling motion.  The full House took back the legislation and passed it
49-18.
Even support from friendly senators like Senator Richard Negstad, R-Volga,
 evaporated at the last minute.  Negstad had publically stated he would not
vote for the change in the bill in an article in the Brookings Register.
 Word leaked to activists in the last several days that he would vote in
favor of the bill as the will of his constituents.  He had called it
discrimination.  Senator Fred Whiting who also voted for this legislation
took Rep. Roger Hunt to task in a senate hearing for misrepresenting the
effect of this bill in his opinion.
Impassioned speeches on the floor against the measure included those from
Senator Lars Herseth who spoke of his lesbian niece.  He read from his late
mother’s diary about his niece in opposition to the bill.  Herseth’s father
Ralph Herseth had been Governor of South Dakota. 
Those eight voting against the legislation were Senators Roberta A.
Rasmussen, D-Viborg; Paul Valandra, D-Mission; Rebecca J. Dunn, D-Sioux
Falls; James W. Emery, R-Custer;  Barbara Everist, R-Sioux Falls;  Mark E.
Rogan, D-Sherman; R. Lars Herseth, D-Houghton; and Pam A. Nelson, D-Sioux
Falls.
Senator Rasmussen is said to have broken down in tears.
Activist Barry Wick of Free Americans Creating Equal Status of South Dakota
said "The government of this state has allowed the legislation of hate and
the creation of a second class citizen.  This second class of citizen is
defined by love.     South Dakota companies who provide benefits to same-sex
couples may have to sue the state in order to provide those benefits.
 Citizens may have to sue the state to receive benefits already granted by
their employers.  Imagine a major film company that provides benefits to
same-sex partners refusing to film in South Dakota.  Imagine a couple married
from one state now refused accommodations or services near Mt. Rushmore.
  Civil marriage is a civil contract and a civil right."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
PROUD EFFORTS TO
MAKE 
A CAMPUS SAFE
by Martin Brokenleg
Augustana College, Sioux Falls
In the Fall faculty and staff at 
Augustana were offered Safe Zone 
stickers which would announce to 
everyone that  students an other faculty 
were welcome without regard to their 
orientation.  
The campus chaplain's office 
was the place to obtain the stickers.  
Two whole departments, English and
Sociology/Social Work declared 
themselves safe for Gay/Lesbian 
students.
The student organization, 
Together Augustana, provides a series of 
discussions and social activities to 
support LBG students, faculty,
and their friends.
A Gay/Lesbian Faculty Union 
has been organized.  Staff and faculty 
may join the union and maintain their 
participation as confidential as they wish. 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
GLB Awareness Week 
at USD
    	 
All events will take place in the Coyote 
Student Center - Rushmore Rooms
First left after the second stop light after 
entering Vermillion on Cherry Street.
Monday  March 18th
12:00 noon -  Opening for Week  Speakers
 to include Dean of Students Jean 
Morrow, GLBA President David E. Walker, 
8:00 pm - Academic presentations/Speaker 
yet to be decided
Tuesday March 19th
12:00 noon - Panel to discuss Awareness Week 
theme "Dare to Learn:  
Celebrate Diversity"  members will include 
USD Faculty, Students, and Hope Burwell
from Coe College in Cedar Rapids, IA
8:00 pm - Keynote Speaker:  
Hope Burwell from Coe College in 
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wednesday March 20th
8:00 pm - Homosexuality and the Bible
presented by Tom Hurley, Lutheran 
Church
Thursday March 21st
12:00 noon - Roanne Redlin,
South Dakota Lobbyist
8:00 pm - Coffee Shop
Come and share your music, mind,
 and self.  Refreshments served.  
Open mic
More events pending/?s 
call Dave Walker at 605-677-5453
USD Gay, Lesbian, & Bisexual Alliance
University of South Dakota
414 E. Clark
Vermillion SD  57069
Phone 605-677-5453
Fax 605-677-6039
E-Mail [email-masked]
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
BHSU University GALA
to show movie
by David A. Lord
University GALA
Black Hills State University

Well our group is doing very well
here at BHSU.  We are on the verge
of receiving official recognition from
the student senate.  Our prime activity
right now is sponsoring the movie
"Boy's on the Side" starring
Whoppi Goldberg to be shown
to the student body during Big 100
festivities week during April.  
Also, our group has recently pushed an 
add campaign to attract new members. 
 It has included putting fliers up 
around the school as well as having 
Myrna Sorenson appear as a guest on 
the Campus talkshow at KBHU.  
We have had absolutely no negative 
response to date and are not anticipating
one in the near future.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
SDSU  Events Planned
for Sons & Daughters
by Jason Crawford
Here are just a few dates for events that are being held this semester in
Brookings.  We would love to invite all of you to attend them and if you are
coming from out of town we can help find some place to stay if needed.
April:
25th      Deb Price, Gay National Columnist
          - will be held on the SDSU campus, more info to follow later
27th      2nd Annual Spring Closet Cleaning Party
          - SDSU Alumni Center
          - potluck, bring your favorite dish (or some food)
          - bring your favorite tunes
          - times to follow at a later date

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
PRIDE EVENT IDEAS?
Here’s one:
 
Hi.  My name's Jonathan Yarbrough, & I'm a student at Moorhead State U (3
hours to the north of y'all).  I'm writing since I want to create a
Fargo-Moorhead Pride Parade/Weekend.  I have never been to a Pride, and Fargo
had an unsuccessful attempt at one 8 years ago.  The reason I want to have
one (I know the Cities have a huge event, yes...) is for the glbt people from
the Eastern Dakotas & Northern Mn....
Let me know if you have any ideas/support/contacts, etc...
Thanks.
Bi 4ever
Jon Yarbrough
PS--when responding, please use the words "FM Pride" somewhere in the
subject line.
 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Over Coffee
at Camp Michael
The Black Hills Gay and Lesbian Phone Line has been very active.  The
answering service is patching through about 20 calls a month.  It is great
having the answering service for they screen all the crank calls.  Most of
our calls consist of 2 types.  The first is visitors to the area and want to
know where to go for entertainment, the second is from people who have just
moved here, so usually the answers to the two above are the same.  The third
type of call is for either counseling or information on a gay friendly
lawyer.  Our fourth type of call is for more information on the MCC or the
Gay AA.  And lastly are the horney guys who slip past the operator and want
to know how to find a date.  We also get a few calls from kids who want to
know more about coming out, also kid prank calls, but those are left on the
message machine.  
We had a good call from someone straight who just had his best friend come
out to him and wanted to know how to deal with it.  He wasn't sure if his
friends coming out to him was a come on or not.  
Anyway, the phone line is serving its purpose and for all of you  to know, we
are in the phone directory, white pages as Gay and Lesbian phone line.  Call
us if you need us.  Sincerely
Michael.    (605) 394-8080.
Here at Camp Michael all is quiet.  The Bed & Breakfast isn't booked right
now,  but that is fine as we need a rest also after a busy summer and autumn.
 The chickens are doing well, and we plan on getting more.  We should be in
the new Damron Accomodation Guide, the Womens Book, and Spartacus, (if we got
our name in in time.  If not it will be next year.  We have been offered
membership in the IGTA, but I find it a little pricey.  It would be fine if
we lived in New York City or such sort, but a little steep for the boondocks.
 We hope you eastern folk will come on out and check us out.  It is a
comfortable setting and you have the opportunity to be yourself.  
Camp Michael has gone on line and can be reached at 
CAMPMIKE [email-masked].
Looking forward to spring.
As always
Michael & Mike.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
2320 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
Contact: Robert Bray  415.552.6448 or 
Tracey Conaty 202.332.6483 x3303
 
NGLTF Closes Books on 1995 State Legislative Gay Activity

1996 Holds Greater Challenges as Right Wing Hits the Ground Running:  33
Anti-Gay Measures Introduced in January

February 8, 1996....Today, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF)
released its final edition of Beyond the Beltway 1995: A
state-by-state-survey of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender-related
legislation and announced preliminary findings of a survey of gay-related
measures introduced thus far in the 1996 legislative year.  Though last year
was active with more than 100 measures introduced, a barrage of recent
anti-gay legislation introduced in the last month indicates this year may see
even more activity.
    Fighting off what NGLTF believes was a record level of hostile
legislative attacks by the Right in 1995, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and
transgender (g/l/b/t) activists nonetheless made significant gains in
advancing non-discrimination 
provisions and other pro-gay measures.  Rhode Island became the ninth state
in the nation to implement a statewide non-discrimination measure when it
passed a law banning discrimination based on sexual orientation in public and
private employment, credit, housing, and public accommodation.  Passage of
the Rhode Island bill was one the year's most significant highlights.  
    Low lights included defeat of a strong, gay-inclusive hate crimes bill in
Texas and defeat of an enhanced penalties bill for those convicted of hate
crimes in Louisiana.  In addition to opposing bills that would ensure basic
civil rights for gays and lesbians, the Radical Right took the offensive and
introduced numerous hostile measures.  This included a Montana bill that
would  have required gays and lesbians convicted under the state's sexual
deviance law  to register with local law enforcement for life.  There was
also the Arizona bill, signed by the governor, that prohibits school
districts from portraying 
"homosexuality as a positive alternative lifestyle."
    All told, 1995 saw 105 gay-related measures move forwarded in 35 states.
 (An earlier version of this report released last June indicates 97 pieces of
 legislation.  The final report includes activity in late-running legislative
 sessions and previously undetected bills.)  The number of measures that
would positively impact g/l/b/t people exceeded the number of anti-gay
measures.  
NGLTF tracked 64 pro-gay measures compared with 41 anti-gay ones in 1995.  
    Though there were more pro-gay than anti-gay measures in 1995, the
potential impact of the anti-gay measures eclipsed that of the positive
measures.  This is because the vast majority of the anti-gay measures were
specifically targeted at  gay people, while many of the positive measures
were not.  They simply included 
sexual orientation in a broader list of other characteristics.  
    If January is a foreshadowing of the year to come, activists across the
 country will be on the defensive, battling hostile legislation with much of
it  initiated by right wing extremists.  Based on reports from the field,
including  gay lobbies and other field groups, and a search of legislative
databases, NGLTF has learned that 33 anti-gay measures have already been
introduced, compared  with 22 pro-gay measures.  More anti-gay measures are
expected.  Like 1995, the 
anti-gay provisions are specifically motivated by homophobia, while most of
the pro-gay measures, though inclusive of gays, are not specific to gays. 
    Of the current anti-gay measures, many focus on the areas of family and
 education.  This year, anti-gay marriage bills are leading the way.
 [Nineteen] states have introduced legislation banning same-gender marriage.
 Though gay and 
lesbian couples do not have the right to legally marry anywhere in the U.S.,
the legislation is seen as a preemptive strike against the anticipated Hawaii
court decision later this year that may uphold the right of same-gender
couples to marry. 
    Other anti-gay legislation introduced in January includes a Missouri bill

that would prohibit public schools from disseminating materials that portray 
homosexuality as acceptable, and an Oklahoma bill that declares tolerance of
homosexual behavior inconsistent with the traditional values of Oklahoma.
    "Radical Right extremists have hit the ground running in 1996 and
anti-gay marriage legislation is their tactic du jour," stated Robert Bray,
NGLTF Media Director.  "The impact of this legislation is not only to curtail
or prevent basic rights for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people,
but to stir up anti-gay sentiment.  The myths, stereotypes, and outright lies
associated with homophobic legislation can also cause harassment, intolerance
and even 
violence," added Bray.  
    Like last year, many of the pro-gay bills introduced are hate crime
measures that include "sexual orientation" as well as many other
characteristics.  These bills, because of their inclusion of sexual
orientation, are often vigorously opposed by homophobic extremists.  Such is
the case in Texas, where Joe Isassi was murdered in Corpus Christi in an
anti-gay attack on May 20, the same day the Texas legislature voted down a
tougher hate crime law.  Last month on January 4 in Katy, Texas, a Houston
suburb, Fred Mangione was stabbed 35 times by neo-nazis out to "get a fag." A
local religious extremist group joined in opposition to Texas's tougher hate
crime bill, claiming it would give "lighter sentences for crimes against
non-homosexuals or non-minorities" and that the law would "include child
molesters."  This tougher hate crime bill will be introduced again in the
1996 session, and similar opposition is expected.
    In a recent closed-door and illegal meeting of Utah Senators, the
virulently anti-gay film "Gay Rights, Special Rights" was screened, a
detailed description of anal intercourse was offered, and a copy of "Heather
Has Two Mommies" was passed around by "admitted" homophobic lawmakers.  And
in Iowa, a rally to "protect marriage" will be held on February 10 and will
reportedly include presidential candidates Keyes, Buchanan, and Gramm. Along
with an already 
introduced anti-gay marriage bill,  The Report, a national radical right
group, will reportedly be introducing a bill preventing homosexuality from
being discussed in a positive light at state universities, a bill that would
defund libraries that have pro-gay material, and a bill ending anonymous HIV
testing.  The governor of Iowa also recently endorsed a fundraising letter by
The Report.
    To obtain a copy of Beyond the Beltway 1995, call NGLTF Publications
Department at (202) 332-6483 ext. 3327 or email a request to [email-masked].
 
The cost of the report is $5.
[ Editors note:  as always, NGLTF has been there with advice and help when we
needed it.  FACES would not be growing and as spiritually motivated without
Robert Bray, Melinda Paras, Tracey Conaty and Scott Nakagawa and the over
35,000 members of NGLTF. Or  without the legal guru and mentor, Evan Wolfson
of Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund.  These wonderful people are on
the front lines every day.   Send a check to FACES first, and then send a
check to NGLTF and Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund.  If you need
addresses, we’ll be happy to supply them.  If you need money for the
donations, then work it girl]
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 
Books donated to library
 	Giving the gift of knowledge and pride is what one South Dakota resident
recently gave the FACES library.  Since FACES does not have this person’s
permission to say who the gift came from we can only  say that the following
books were gratefully received by the FACES library:  Orlando by Virginia
Woolf,  Six of One by Rita Mae Brown, In Her Day by Rita Mae Brown,
Surpassing the Love of Men by Lillian Faderman, Venus Envy by Rita Mae Brown,
Sacred Lips of the Bronx by Douglas Sadownick, Becoming A Man by Douglas
Monette, And the Band Played On by Randy Schilts, and the pictorial Out is
America by Michael Goff and the staff of Out Magazine.  
	For many of you who met Rick Gerharter, Out in America is a excellent
opportunity to see more of his photographs.  Many of you will remember Rick
is from Aberdeen and snapped many pictures of South Dakotans during the
National Coming Out Week Tour last October.  
	The FACES library began when the Black Hills Alternative Resource Center
gave their library to FACES.  The first 105 or so books came lovingly packed
in four boxes from RS of Rapid City who no longer had room for them.  FACES
gave them a home.  Since then  more than 100 books have been added to the
library.
	Currently, the library is seeking any of the writings of William S.
Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, Edward Albee, Ursala K. LaGuin, Armistead Maupin,
 Kate Millet, Camille Paglia, Adrienne Rich, Gore Vidal, Jeanette Winterson,
and Patricia Nell Warren among many others.
	The library is also seeking any other books by gay and lesbian writers or
works that include lesbigay characters.
	The library is located at 13121 South Creekview Road west of Rapid City,
South Dakota.  Hopefully, in the next year an office and library can be
established in town.  At this time the library is only open to those 18 years
or older pending a FACES board decision on library checkout procedures and
policies.
	Anyone with library experience is requested to volunteer to create and
advise in this area.
	All the books in the library have been catalogued on the FACES computer.
 Here is a list of the books currently in the library:  
 	  		
Act Well Your Part…………………..Sakers, Don

Adam……………Holder, Geoffrey, Photographer

Advice for Life: A Woman's Guide to AIDS Risks and Prevention
Norwood, Chris

After the Good Gay Times: Asheville-Summer of '35, A season with F. Scott
Fitzgerald
Buttitta, Tony

AIDS:Prevention Through Education: A World View
Sepulvedak, Jaime; Fineberg, Harvey;  Mann, Jonathan;  

Alexandrian Drachma, The…………Harrison, Don

Alienated Affections:Being Gay In American
Kleinberg, Seymour

Alive & Well:  A Path for Living in a Time of HIV
Hendrickson, Peter A.

Alyson Almanac,The……….Alyson, Sasha, Editor

And the Band Played On: Politics, People and the AIDS
Epidemic…………………….Shilts, Randy

Andre Gide: His Life and Art…….Fowlie, Wallace

Angel: The Complete Quintet……….Patrick, John

Another Kind of Love: Homosexuality and Spirituality………………………..Woods, Richard

Asian Minor, An…………………….Picano, Felice

Autumn Leaves……………………….Gide, Andre

Beauty Queen, The………….Warren, Patricia Nell

Becoming a Man……………………Monette, Paul

Bent………………………………Sherman, Martin

Best Little Boy in the World, The……….Reid, John

Big Gay Book, The: A Man's Survival Guide for the 90's……………………………………Preston,
John

Bodies and Souls……………………….Rechy, John

Boiled Frog Syndrome, The…………Rubin, Marty

Book of Hearts………………Wee, Karen Herseth

Boy Who Picked the Bullets Up, The
Nelson, Charles

Boys and Sex…………Pomeroy, Wardell B.,Ph.D.

Boys on the Rock, The………………….Fox, John

Calamus:  Male Homosexuality in Twentieth Century Literature; Galloway,
David, Editor; Sabisch, Christian, Editor

Calamus:  Male Homosexuality in Twentieth-Century Literature;  Galloway,
David, Editor
Sabisch, Christian, Editor

Celluloid Closet, The: Homosexuality in the Movies
Russo, Vito

Charioteer, The………………………Renault, Mary

Christianity, Social Tolerance and Homosexuality
Boswell, John

Christopher and his kind……Isherwood, Christopher

Church and the Homosexual, The…McNeill, John J.

City and the Pillar, The…………………Vidal, Gore

City of Orgies and Other Poems
Whitman, Walt;  Lembo, J. Lawrence, Editor, Illustrator

Coming Out in the Seventies……….Altman, Dennis

Coming Out Under Fire:  The History of Gay Men and Women in World War Two
Berube, Allan

Complete Works of Oscar Wilde:  Stories, Plays, Poems & Essays
Wilde, Oscar 1854-1900, Foreman, J.B., Editor

Consenting Adult…………………Hobson, Laura Z.

Crisis:  Heterosexual Behavior in the Age of AIDS
Masters, Willaim H., M.D.,Johnson, Virginia E.
Kolodny, Robert C., M.D.

Cruising…………………………….Walker, Gerald

Crystal Boys………………………Hsien-yung, Pai

Cures: a gay man's odyssey……Duberman, Martin

Dancer from the Dance…………Holleran, Andrew

David Kopay Story, The……………Kopay, David;  Young, Perry Deane

Day in San Francisco, A…………Bryant, Dorothy

Deadly Lies………………………….Preston, John

Death Trick…………………....Stevenson, Richard

Down The Line: Collected Writings
Rustin, Bayard

End of the Battle, The……………..Waugh, Evelyn

Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven: Women, Sexuality, and the Catholic Church
Ranke-Heinemann, Uta

Faggots…………………………….…Kramer, Larry

Familiar Faces, Hidden Lives…….Brown, Howard, M.D.

Familiar Faces, Hidden Lives: The Story of Homosexual Men in American Today
Brown, M.D., Howard

Family Fictions: a novel………Hall, Richard Walter

Ferrari Travel Planner…….Ferrari, Marianne,Editor

Finistere……………………………....Peters, Fritz

Fire Next Time,The………………..Baldwin, James

Firestorm………..……………..….Wening, Gerald

Forever After…………………..……Wilson, Doric

Forgetting Elena………………..…White, Edmund

Forth Into Light………………….Merrick, Gordon

From the Closets to the Courts:  The Lesbian Transition……Simpson, Ruth

Front Runner, The…………….Warren, Patricia Nell

Gay Academic, The
Barrett, Ellen M.; Crew, Louie

Gay American History………….Katz, Jonathan Ned

Gay Crusaders, The……Tobin, Kay; Wicker, Randy

Gay Decades,The:  from Stonewall to the Present: the people and events that
shaped gay lives
Rutledge, Leigh W.

Gay Men & Women Who Enriched the World
Cowan, Thomas Dale

Gay Relationships: For Men and Women
Tessina, Tina, Ph.D.

Gay Spirit: Myth and Meaning
Thompson, Mark

Gold Diggers, The……………………Monette, Paul

Golden Years………………………….Preston, John

Gradual Awakening, A…………….Levine, Stephen

Great Urge Downward, The……….Merrick, Gordon

Himage…………………………Plowright, Richard

Homosexual Behavior: A Modern Reappraisal
Marmor, Judd, Editor

Homosexual Matrix, The…………Tripp, C.A.,Ph.D.

Homosexualities
Bell, Alan P.; Weinberg, Martin S.

Homosexualities, The
Socarides, Charles W., M.D.;  Volkan, Vamik D.,M.D.

Homosexuality & Liberation…………Mieli, Mario

Homosexuals in History: A Study in Ambivalence in Society, Literature, and
the Arts……….Rowse, A.L.

Hostile Climate 1995
People for the American Way

I'm Looking for Mr. Right, But I'll Settle for Mr. Right Away…………………………Flood,
Gregory

Idol for Others, An……………..…Merrick, Gordon

If It Die………………………………...Gide, Andre

In Her Day……………………….Brown, Rita Mae

In Search of Gay America……………Miller, Neil I.

In the Tent……………………………..Rees, David

Is It Love or Is It Addiction: Falling into Healthy
Love……………………………..Schaeffer, Brenda

Is the Homosexual My Neighbor?: Another Christian View
Scanzoni, Letha
Mollenkott, Virginia Ramey

Islanders………………………..Simonson, Douglas

Jailbait and Other Stories……………..Gooch, Brad

Journal of Homosexuality…..Kellogg, Stuart, Editor

Journals of Andre Gide--Vol. 1………Gide, Andre
O'Brien, Justin, Translator

Journals of Andre Gide--Vol. 3………Gide, Andre
O'Brien, Justin, Translator

Journals of Andre Gide--Vol.2…………Gide, Andre
O'Brien, Justin, Translator

Language We Use Up Here, The…Gambone, Phillip

Last of the Wine, The……………….Renault, Mary

Lesbian Love Stories:  Volume 2
Zahava, Irene, Editor

Lethal Silence……………………….Preston, John

Lion Warriors, The…………………Harrison, Don

Living in the Spirit:  A Gay American Indian Anthology…………………….Roscoe, Will,
Editor

Look Back in Joy…………………..Boyd, Malcolm
Crawford, Barton

Love That Dared Not Speak Its Name, The: A Candid History of Homosexuality in
Britain
Hyde, H. Montgomery

Love, Medicine and Miracles
Siegel, Bernie S.,M.D.

Male Homosexuals: Their Problems and Adaptations……Weinberg, Martin;
 Williams, Colin J.

Man to Man: Gay Couples in America
Silverstein, Charles, Dr.

Man Upstairs,The……………………Parkinson,T.L.

Manners from Heaven: A Divine Guide to Good Behavior……………Crisp, Quenton;
 Hofsess, John

Mask of Narcissus, The……………Lardo, Vincent

Maurice………………………………Forster, E.M.

Mayor of Castro Street, The: the Life and Times of Harvey
Milk…………………………Shilts, Randy

Mediterraneo…………………….….Patrioli, Tony

Men On Men: Best New Gay Fiction
Stambolian, George, Editor

Men with the Pink Triangle, The……Heger, Heinz

Messer Rondo and other stories……Airey, Stephen

My Son Eric………………………Borhek, Mary V.

Nights in Aruba………………….Holleran, Andrew

Nocturnes of the King of Naples…..White, Edmund

Now Let's Talk About Music……..Merrick, Gordon

One for the Gods………………….Merrick, Gordon

One Teenager in 10: writings by Gay and Lesbian Youth …………………………………..Heron,
Ann

Orlando…………………………….Woolf, Virginia

Out in America………………………Goff, Michael

Pangs of Love………………….Louie, David Wong

Paradise Now………….Malina, Judith; Beck, Julian

Pathways to Wellness…………Froman, Paul Kent

Perfect Freedom………………….Merrick, Gordon

Permanent Partners: Building Gay and Lesbian Relationships that
Last……….Berzon, Betty, Ph.D.

Pink Triangle, The: the Nazi War Against Homosexuals………………………..Plant, Richard

Positively Gay: New approaches to Gay Live
Berzon,Ph.D., Betty………………Leighton, Robert

Quirk, The…………………………Merrick, Gordon

Red Hot Vacuum, The, and other pieces on the writing of the
sixties…………..Solotaroff, Theodore

Ring, The………………………..Chopping, Richard

Sacred Lips of the Bronx……Sadownick, Douglas

Secret Dangers………………………Preston, John

Sexual Preference: It's Development in Men and Women………..Bell, Alan P.;
 Weinberg, Martin S.

Sexual Variance in Society and History
Bullough, Vern L.

Sexuality and Homosexuality: A New View
Karlen, Arno

She Came in a Flash…………………Wings, Mary

Shy………………………………….Killian, Kevin

Single Man, A……………..Isherwood, Christopher

Six of One………………………Brown, Rita Mae

Society and the Healthy Homosexual
Weinberg, George, Dr.

Some Boys……………………..Davidson, Michael

Some Kind of Hero……………….Kirkwood, James

Sons of Harvard……………………Marotta, Tony

Sons of the Moon…………………..Neim, Freddie

Spada Report, The: the newest survey of gay male sexuality…………………………….Spada,
James

Spartan, The………………………..Harrison, Don

Spontaneous Combustion……….Feinberg, David B.

Spousal Equivalent handbook, The….Duff, Johnette;
Truitt, George G.

States of Desire……………………White, Edmund

Stolen Moments………………………Preston, John

Stonewall………………………..Duberman, Martin

Straight Women, Gay Men…………Malone, John

Streetboy Dreams…………………….Esser, Kevin

Sunbeams…………………………….Patrioli, Tony

Surpassing the Love of Men……Fadderman, Lillian

Talking at the Gates: a life of James Baldwin
Campbell, James

Third Man Out………….……..Stevenson, Richard

Thornapple…………………………….Hunt, Chris

Three Plays for a Gay Theater………Hall, Richard

Treasures on Earth…………………Wilson, Carter

Tricks………………………………Camus, Renaud

Trouble with Harry Hay, the: Founder of the Modern Gay
Movement…………………….Timmons, Stuart

Two Gay Sweatshop plays……………Greig, Noel;  Griffiths, Drew

Venus Envy……………………….Brown, Rita Mae

Vision……………………………Carey, Kenneth X.

Way Back, The, Gay Council on Drinking Behavior

Welcome to Fire Island: Visions of Cherry Grove and The
Pines………………………..Nichols, Jack

What the Dead Remember………..Greene, Harlan

When Someone You Know Has AIDS: A Practical Guide…..Martelli, Leonard J.;
Peltz, Fran D.,C.R.C.; Messina, William, C.S.W.

Why We Never Danced the Charleston
Greene, Harlan

Wings of the Phoenix, The………De Veer, Florine

Women's Traveler…………..Gatta, Gina M.,Editor

Working Out: The Toal Shape-up Guide for Men
Hix, Charles;  Haak, Ken

You can Heal Your Life…………….Hay, Louise L

Young and Evil, The………….Ford, Charles Henri;
Tyler, Parker; Tchelitchew,  Pavel, Illustrator
For a $50.00 dollar donation to FACES, receive a hardbound copy of  The
closets are empty…the dining room’s full, 335 pages,  by Beresford native Ace
Lundon who has just returned to South Dakota for life from Reno, NV.   A
$24.95 value…a fun book, touching.  Yes, we have a fun premium!  Limited
number available!

MORE  MORE   MORE  MORE   MORE

 

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 10:53:11 -0500
Subject: FACES of South Dakota Newsletter  Part 2

Flame On!   by Barry Wick

The Senate Judiciary Committee
State of South Dakota
February 12, 1996

Statement of Barry Wick, Rapid City

	In South Dakota persons can be fired from a job, kicked out of apartments,
and suffer physical attack for saying they are gay or lesbian (gays).
   Legal protections don’t exist for gays in most of the state, counties,
cities, or businesses.  Crimes against gays aren’t considered hate crimes in
South Dakota.   Gays aren’t allowed to marry their loved-one in South Dakota
or in any state.
	In 1995,  a bill introduced in the legislature would have banned marriages
between gays.   No gays had asked to be married or ever asked for any civil
rights protections in South Dakota.
	There had been one attempt to add the words "sexual orientation" to state
civil rights protections by a representative who loved one of his seven
children who happened to be gay.  His was the only vote for the legislation.
 The strength of his love for his gay son was not enough to overcome others’
hatred.   
To this day, many in this state malign, demonize and slander hard-working,
tax-paying citizens of South Dakota with worn-out stereotypes.  Free
Americans Creating Equal Status of South Dakota received only one call from a
church to present a program about homosexuality in the last year.  There is
another, more accurate story.
                Current law recognizes all legally valid marriages performed
in the United States.  House Bill 1143 would not maintain the status quo.  HB
1143 reminds us of the days when African-Americans or Chinese could not marry
Caucasians.  Until 1967, miscegenation laws forbade marriage between blacks
and whites.  Jews were denied marriage during the Nazi era in Germany and
under the Spanish inquisition.  HB 1143 in an anti-marriage bill that
threatens to divide the country by love.
	Rep. Roger Hunt claims this bill would stop a potential financial
catastrophe by granting benefits to same-sex partners.   He’s presented no
evidence to support his claim.  
Gays pay every tax other citizens pay.  Tax-paying citizens are a benefit to
the state and its businesses, not a detriment.  
	Over 400 US companies offer health insurance benefits to same-sex partners.
  The IRS says gay employees must pay taxes on benefits, not the employer.
 Heterosexual partners receive those benefits tax free.
	Any employee in South Dakota is lucky to receive health insurance benefits
for their dependents and likely pays for them, not the employer.   It’s
better to insure in the private sector than have uninsured citizens health
costs paid by the state.
	Adoption, say opponents, is the reason to deny marriage to gays.  Many gays
already care for their children from failed marriages.  Adoption is a highly
discriminatory process for any potential parents who have gone through it.
 In 48 of the 50 states, single persons can adopt children now.  Who is to
say who is gay or who is not?  Love is what makes a family.  Real love
doesn’t exploit or hurt children.  
	Gays and lesbians need the emotional and economic stability of marriage no
less than heterosexuals—and society surely will benefit when they have it.
	Cooler heads must prevail.  Oppose HB 1143.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Resources in the State of South Dakota
· State of South Dakota
STD/AIDS Hotline 1-800-592-1861

· Brookings, SD
Groups/Information
Sons & Daughters
South Dakota State University
P.O. Box 2815
Brookings, South Dakota
(605)692-6026
email:
[email-masked]  (president)
[email-masked]  (vice-president)
[email-masked] (Lawrence of Brookings)

· Hill City, SD
Restaurants 
Oriana's Book Cafe
329 Main Street
Open  7 days a week,  under new management, live music on weekends, no cover,
restaurant[excellent food], books, complete coffee bar, beer and wine
(605) 574-2034
All welcome though gay friendly
POB 1142
Hill City 57745

· Lake Preston, SD
United Church Coalition for Lesbian/Gay Concerns
Marilyn Jones, Executive Director
Rt. 1 Box 76
Lake Preston, South Dakota  57249
(605)847-4623

· Marshall, MN
Lutheran Concerned/Integrity
Southwest Minnesota/East Central South Dakota
PO Box 3013
Marshall, MN  56258
(605)  692-6026

· Rapid City, SD
Groups/Information
Gay & lesbian Talk Line
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.   Information, if any, on activities
Monday through Saturday
605-394-8080

Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays--PFLAG-Rapid City
Margaret Minkel
4636 Wentworth
Rapid City, South Dakota 57702
(605) 342-9402

Counseling and Self-help
Bonnie L. Jackson, RN, NCAC-I
108 Kansas City Street
Rapid City, SD  57701
605-348-2824
Family of origin issues, relationships,  and codependency

Unified Live and Let Live
Gay Alcoholics Anonymous all welcome who wish to stop drinking.  Thursdays at
8 p.m.  219 East St. Anne.  Call John at 355-0554 for more info.

Accommodations
Camp Michael 
Bed & Breakfast, nestled in the hills  farm style breakfast, private
entrance, secluded area, easy 
Resource Guide Continued:  Camp Michael
access to all tourist areas, gay video and book library $50-75 a night 
email: 
CAMPMIKE [email-masked],   [email-masked]
(605)342-5590

Educational and Activist
FACES (Publication & State Organization) Free Americans Creating Equal Status
of South Dakota, Inc.;  South Dakota Alternative Library (books, periodicals,
journals, videos and articles accepted for donation)
Barry Wick
president/executive director
Free American Creating Equal Status of South Dakota, Inc.
13121 South Creekview Road
Rapid City, SD  57702-8503
Phone 605-343-5577
FAX 605-394-8962
email: [email-masked]
http://www.qrd.org/qrd/usa/south_dakota/FACES
http://www.qrd.org/qrd/orgs/FACES

Faith Services
Black Hills Unitarian Fellowship
Sunday mornings 10:30 a.m.
welcomes gays and lesbians to its service in Senior Citizens Center
on Canyon Lake Road behind Latter Day Saints Church(Mormons)

Gay and Lesbian All-Faiths Services
in praise of a higher power with the goal of joining Metropolitan Community
Churches.
Sundays, 10 a.m.  Meets above the Quest on Main in downtown Rapid City but
 Call 394—0368 for more information since locations have been changing
recently.

Synagogue of the Hills
meets 2nd & 4th Fridays, 7:30 p.m.
for location information 
call 342-9524

HIV and AIDS Resources
Positive Approach 
Support for HIV+ persons
(605)348-4419

Rapid City Regional Hospital Hospice Program and Home Health
353 Fairmont Boulevard
Rapid City, South Dakota
57701
(605) 399-7801

HIV Testing, Condoms or Information
Communicable Disease Prevention and Control, South Department of Health
725 North LaCrosse St.
Rapid City, SD  57701
605-394-2370

Planned Parenthood
1711 West Main
Rapid City, SD 57702
605-341-2545

Other
Heritage Book Store
912 Main Street
Rapid City, South Dakota
adult book store with news magazines for the gay community, videos.

Restaurants
The Atomic Café
gayfriendly
515  7th Street
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701
605-399-1922
gay friendly, open to everyone.
Hours:  Monday through Thursday open 10 a.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday
open 10 am to 3 am, Closed on Sundays
coffee, food and talk.

· Sioux Falls, SD
Groups/Information
Sioux Empire Gay and Lesbian Coalition
PO Box 1716
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 
57105
(605)333-0603

Together Augustana
Box 1886
Augustana College
Sioux Falls, SD 57007
[email-masked]

PFLAG of Sioux Falls--Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
Jean Kane
(605)334-5508

Counseling/Self-Help
Rainbow Wildbunch AA
A new AA group has been started for gay, lesbian, bisexual persons, their
family and friends.  It meets on Saturdays at 7:00 p.m. at Berakhah House,
400 N. Western Ave.

Bisexual Support Group
6 p.m.  First Monday of the month.
meets at Dakota Midwest Cancer Center on McKennan Campus
800 East 21st Street
Call  605-339-7515 for more information

Sioux Falls Lesbian Rap Group
call Kyla or Tedeigh at 335-7808 for more information or Sherri at 334-9091
for more information on location.  Probable Saturday 
meetings.

Fran Mount, Ed.S., M.A.
Mental Health Therapist
Stronghold Counseling Service
629 South Minnesota Suite L-100
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
605-334-7713

Carol Knudtson, M.Ed.,LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
LifeMarks—Counseling and Mediation Services
101 South Main Ave.  Suite 212
Sioux Falls, SD  57102
605-332-6128

Faith Services
All Souls Church
Unitarian Universalist Church PO Box 400
Sioux Falls, SD  57117
1129 East 9th Street
9th St.at Cliff Ave.
(605) 338-8652
Morning Services 10 am
Religious Ed. 10:15 am
Child care provided 11 am to 12 noon
invites everybody

St. Francis and St. Claire MCC
9th Ave. and Cliff Ave.
Sunday  5:30 p.m.

Nightlife
Touchez (mixed MF)
331 1/2 South Phillips
Sioux Falls, SD  57105
(605) 335-9874

HIV and AIDS Resources
Berakhah House
(home for persons with AIDS)
400 Western Avenue N.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
57104
(605) 332-4017
Contact:  Sister Liz Remily

McKennan Hospital
800 East 21st. Street
PO Box 5045
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-55045
PWA Support Group meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at Dakota Midwest Cancer
Institute,  Family and Friends of Persons with AIDS Support Group meets the
1st and 3rd Tuesdays at Dakota Midwest Cancer Institute.  For more
information call (605) 339-7515
AIDS Support and Information
Eastern Dakota Aids Network 
(EDAN) 
at McKennan Hospital
 Pat Lovely 605-339-7839

· Spearfish, SD
Groups/Information
University GALA
Black Hills State University
c/o David Lord
1200 University USB 8599
Spearfish, SD 57783-8599
605-642-1644
email:  [email-masked]
email:  [email-masked]

· Vermillion, SD
Groups/Information
Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Alliance
University of South Dakota
Coyote Student Center
414 E. Clark Street
Vermillion, SD 57069
(605) 677-5334
This resource guide is correct to February 21, 1995.  The sexual orientation
of individual persons mentioned here, the representatives or clientele of
businesses or organizations is not to be inferred or implied by such
representation or mention in this guide or newsletter.  
We do not sell advertising or space.  We do try to create a more appealing
listing if those groups or individuals have made a donation to FACES.  Such
typeface differences are not guaranteed with a donation as space may make
change possible.   All listings are free.
The South Dakota Alternative Library now has 172 books separate listings
cataloged.  Library membership is free with your membership in FACES of
 South Dakota, Inc.  We gladly accept donations of books and periodicals that
you no longer use.
We do not accept, distribute or condone child pornography. Membership in our
library is limited to persons 18 years and older at this time.  We are
interested in books by gay and lesbian authors, fine arts,  and other
materials.  A complete catalog to date will be printed soon. Call
605-343-5577 for details.
Please pass a copy of the  newsletter to a friend.  We are sending two copies
with every mailing if possible.  We don't charge for this service, but your
donation of $10 or more would help to greatly offset our newsletter and
resource guide production costs.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
  
Thanks to High Country Printing in Custer and Randy for excellent work on
FACES Newsletter. Give them a call at 605-673-5743.  522 Mt. Rushmore Rd.
Custer, South Dakota.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Letters to the Editor
Barry, 
How are things going in the political crossfire?  OK I hope.  Thanks for the
constant info on the battle in the legislature. Its nice to have an ear near
the fire.  "Justice is inevitable but the price for such is immeasurable."
The phone line said there is going to be a dance this Sat. at Elk Creek
Resort, are you going to take a break from your busy schedule to go?  Could
you write me and tell me how to get there, please.? (not quite a local yet)
 [I didn’t go…but heard of a good crowd…around a hundred.]
Maybe you should send out a notice over your e-mail mailing list?(Like you’re
not busy enough)  Any way I hope things are going well for you.  Drop a line
if you feel like it.
G.
(G is new to the area…one of our on-line friends…welcome to Rapid City, I
sent directions…I assume he went there and got lost after finding the man of
his dreams.)

Editor,
As of yet there are no GLB organizations on the SDSM&T campus.  There was an
attempt to organize a group but the attempts failed due in part
to the group leader leaving school.  The group that was organized did have
School administration support, but without a plan the group collapsed.
SDSM&T does have a large number of GLB students and would benefit from an
organization that would help and support students.  Our campus has
roughly 2500 students including full and part-time student, traditional and
non-traditional students.  
As a gay student at SDSM&T I feel that there is a large isolation on our
campus.  I first came to terms with my sexuality on this campus.  It was
hard due to the fact that their was no one to talk to about this.  I know
that I was not alone. I would love to organize a group on campus, but I am
currently working 3 jobs and am considering moving schools/state(Bill
Janklow).  I have written letters and am not satisfied with the current state
of government in SD.  I hope this is enough.  Please forgive spelling and
grammar mistakes. :)
S
(Dear S, we have computer programs for the grammar and spelling mistakes…but
we need you for our efforts to change South Dakota.  Don’t lose hope.  That’s
why we’re growing so quickly.  Others haven’t lost hope either.  If I can
believe, then anybody can believe.  Barry)

Now for a letter to the GOV.
Date:	96-02-16 17:18:50 EST
Governor Janklow;
I am writing to urge you not to sign the bill designed to insure continued
unequal treatment for South Dakota's gay and lesbian citizens.  My name is
Jean Mayberry.  I live in Sioux City, IA and I work in North Sioux City, SD.
 
I grew up knowing that I would never be allowed to marry.  It was not even an
option for me because I am not heterosexual.  I knew as a preschooler that my
feelings were not the same as everyone around me and everyone on television.
 I was left out of society.
Now that I am nearing the age of 50, I have for the first time in my life the
hope of being able to marry the person I love.
Please don't use your power to keep me and all other gay and lesbian
Americans as second class citizens.  Veto this bill that is steeped in
homophobia.
The state of South Dakota has more useful ways of spending it's money than in
a lengthy court battle over a law that one day will be seen as a naked act of
bigotry.
Sincerely, Jean Mayberry
1301 Villa Ave
Sioux City, IA 51103   (712) 258-1947
[Thanks Jean for the nice letter.   The governor didn’t take your advice.
 We’ll just have to change his mind and a few thousand others.  Jean and
Aleta were in Sioux Falls for Robert Bray’s workshop at Touchezs last
October.  They were the ones selling the buttons.  I admit I bought several
including my most prized button "Queer."  Love it.  Barry]
Let’s not stop there!
Subj:	same sex marriages
Date:	96-02-16 13:35:27 EST
From:	NJHeege
To:	[email-masked]
CC:	Facessd
Honorable Sir - I heartily regret the decision by the South Dakota Senate to
pass HB1143, outlawing same sex marriages in South Dakota, and I urge you to
veto it. I am the District Executive of the Unitarian Universalist
Association in Prairie Star District, which includes your fine state.(Indeed,
I grew up in Sioux Falls.)  Since 1970, the UUA has gone on public record as
opposing discrimination against gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. I see this
bill as an effort to discriminate against some of your finest citizens. I
object, and I urge you to stand such efforts. Sincerely yours, Nancy Heege,
District Executive, Prairie Star District, Unitarian Universalist
Association.
[Thanks for caring, Nancy.  By the way, Nancy has been very helpful on the
spiritual front in bolstering our efforts. She gets to South Dakota all too
infrequently though she’s entirely welcome every time.  Barry]
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Here’s some really bad Forrest Gump jokes found on the internet.
Subject: Forrest Does History
Forrest Brutus:  We did not come here to bury chocolate but to eat it.
Forrest Jefferson: Life, liberty and the pursuit of chocolate.
Forrest Lincoln: With malice towards none; with chocolate for all.
Forrest Churchill: Blood, sweat and chocolate.
Forrest Kennedy: Ask not what chocolate can do for you but what you can do
for chocolate.
Forrest Nixon: I am not a chocolate.
Forrest Bentsen: I know chocolate, Senator, and you're not chocolate.
Forrest Goldwater: Extremism in the pursuit of chocolate is no vice.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
An excerpt from The Pink Triangle by
Richard Plant, © 1986 by Richard Plant Published by Henry Holt and Company,
Inc., 521 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York, 10175, ISBN 0-8050-0059-3
	"When, on January 30, 1933, Hitler was appointed chancellor, triumphant Nazi
troopers staged a massive demonstration, marching with torches through the
streets of Berlin, singing songs of vengeance.  Still, Hitler did not have
the majority of voters need to win and election on March 5.  Whether the Nazi
really expected a Communist uprising or whether, as often before, they
camouflaged their own wrecking methods by ascribing them to their opponents,
luck came to their assistance.   On February 27 the Reichstag, German’s
white-columned, neoclassical parliament building, went up in flames.  In no
time, Hitler, Goring, and Goebbels turned up among the scorched ruins.
 Hitler proclaimed: "This is a sign of Providence from above.  Now nobody
will dare stand in our way when we crush the Communist menace with an iron
fist."  Immediately afterward, a wave of terror swept through German, the
first of many.  Members of opposition parties found themselves on benches in
the Berlin central police station.   Similar arrests engulfed cities and
villages throughout German. The Nazis had started to settle accounts with
their enemies.  When the jails proved not to be large enough, Himmler stepped
in; within less than a month he embarked on the construction of concentration
camps, beginning with Dachau.
	"Among the first to be jailed were the directors of homosexual-rights
organizations, which had been proscribed just four days before the burning of
the Reichstag.  [Magnus] Hirschfeld’s Institute for Sexual Science was a
prime target, as were Kurt Hiller, its chairman, Feliz Halle, a legal
adviser, and Max Hodann, a respected sex reformer whose books on women’s
rights, sexual minorities, and abortion has annoyed the Nazis for years.
 Hiller, Hirschfeld’s successor and the most prominent member of the
institute, was shipped to Oranienburg, where he was repeatedly tortured.
 Through sheer luck he was discharged and later published a vivid account of
his experience.(1)  The offices of several prominent homosexual organizations
were raided during these early winter weeks of 1933.  Storm troopers
plundered the premises of Friedrich Radsuweit, editor of Die Freundschaft
("Friendship"), and took his stepson to jail.  Communist and Social
Democratic papers were forced to stop printing.  The Nazi propagandists never
tired of conjuring up the smoldering debris, the smoking woodpiles, the
devastated ceilings of the Reichstag, to declare that this fire was only a
beginning.  The Communists, they said, had destroyed the Parliament; now they
would unleash a civil war.  German citizens could expect the worst.  Only the
strongest measures followed soon.  On March 24, the so-called Enabling Law
was adopted, subtitled the Law to Remove the Stress from People and State.
 In reality, it did away with the constitution, removed all legal restraints,
and gave total control to Hitler and his thugs.  It signaled the end of the
Weimar Republic and the start of totalitarianism, and it remained on the
books until 1945."

(1)  Kurt Hiller, Leben Gegen die Zeit, published in two volumes (1969 and
1973, as quoted in Stumke and Finkler, Rosa Winkel 167-74.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
FACES regularly receives monetary gifts.  We are grateful to everyone who
gives us money.  We can always use money.  We can always use a bit of your
time at the office west of Rapid City.  There’s always something to do.
 Volunteering for your local organization helps everyone, too.  More people
need to get involved everywhere if we are to ever change attitudes towards
b/g/l/t persons.
<><><><><><><<<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
  And now last minute:
South Dakota Public Television
Positive: Life with HIV…four part series
on South Dakota Public Television about how Americans are confronting the
daily challenges of living with HIV proving that life after infection does
indeed exist—with dignity, meaning, laughter, and faith.   Feb-27th to March
1st.  Starts at 11 pm central time and 10 pm mountain time.   One Hour each
night.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
For a $50.00 dollar donation to FACES, receive a hardbound copy of  The
closets are empty…the dining room’s full, 335 pages,  by Beresford native Ace
Lundon who has just returned to South Dakota for life from Reno, NV.  A
$24.95 value…a fun book, touching.  Yes, we have a fun premium!  Only 22
left…get one today!!!!