Subject: JOBS & EVENTS (long)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 14:20:08 -0500

Greetings from the National Black Gay & Lesbian Leadership Forum!

Below please find a list of events and employment opportunties of interest to
the black gay and lesbian community.  This is not an exhaustive list, and it
ONLY reflects information that has been sent to the National Black Gay &
Lesbian Leadership Forum  (NBGLLF) in recent weeks.  Some information may be
outdated, so we advise you to contact the listed organization to verify the
information.  NBGLLF accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the
information provided.

We hope to make regular (perhaps monthly) postings of this information, if
the community wishes to receive it.  If you or your organization would like
to supply information for the next posting, please contact us at
"[email-masked]".  Similar and more exhaustive information is available on
the BLK website at: URL=http://www.blk.com/blk.  BLK can be contacted at
"[email-masked]". 

This information is posted as a service to the black gay and lesbian
community. . .  

**CALENDAR**
APRIL
(19-21) A Different Light Bookstore in San Francisco sponsors its Third
Annual Readers & Writers Conference at The Women's Building, 3543 18th St. at
Valencia.  The conference will feature Jewelle Gomez, James Earl Hardy, and
many others.  Registration is $10.  Call (415) 431-0891 or email
"[email-masked]" for more information.

(19-21) The National Gay & Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF) will hold its Fifth
Annual Human Resources Professionals Institute at its National Conference on
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Workplace Issues on April 19, 1996 at
the Ramada Hotel in San Francisco.  NGLTF will also hold a conference titled
"Out and Equal in the '90s" on April 20 and 21 at the same location.  Contact
(202) 332-6483, ext 3444 or "[email-masked]" for more information.

(20) The Second Annual Gay, Lesbian and Straight Teachers Network Conference
is scheduled for Saturday, April 20, 1996 at the Center for Early Education
in West Hollywood, California.  Marsha Scott, Deputy Assistant to President
Clinton and White House Gay and Lesbian Liaison, is scheduled to be the
keynote speaker.  Contact Marcia Logan, Sheila Willens, Pat Sands, or Martine
Bittman at (213) 651-0707 for more information.

(28) The National Black Gay & Lesbian Leadership Forum will honor its
founders, Phill Wilson and Ruth Waters, at a tribute event, "106 Years of
Activism," in Los Angeles on April 28, 1996 at the Universal City Hilton
Hotel.  Contact (212) 964-7820 for tickets or for more information.

MAY
(24-26) Black Lesbian and Gay Pride Weekend takes place in Washington, D.C.,
including "Black Lesbian and Gay Pride Day" on Sunday, May 26 at Banneker
Field, across from Howard University.

JUNE
(14-16) The Lesbian and Gay People of Color Steering Committee, a New York
City-based coalition of organizations, will sponsor a special event, "United
Voices/United Visions!" People of Color Pride Weekend at the Center, June 14
- 16, 1996.

**JOBS**
(Atlanta)
AID Atlanta, a $4 million AIDS-related health care and counseling service in
Atlanta, is seeking an Executive Director.  AID Atlanta is looking for
candidates who have ten years of management experience and an advanced degree
or commensurate experience. (posted 2/12/96)

(New York)
The ACLU Lesbian and Gay Rights and AIDS Projects are seeking a Development
Associate.  Interested parties should write to: Matt Coles, Project Director,
ACLU, 132 W. 43rd St., New York, NY  10036, (212) 944-9800. (posted 2/20/96)