Subject: 8th Annual Conference (fwd)
From: Chuck Tarver <[email-masked]>
To: glbpoc <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 1994 19:11:10 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Subj:  8th Annual Conference                 94-11-17 17:38:21 EST
From:  [email-masked]

The 8th Annual National Black Lesbian & Gay Conference & Institutes will be
held February 16-20, 1995 in Los Angeles.  This year's theme, "Black Lesbians
and Gays: Our Families Make A Difference," will focus on our families and
extended families in the African American Lesbian and Gay Community.  With
this in mind, we are soliciting nominations for awards in the following
areas:

   Bayard Rustin Award for Political Activism.

  Harriet Tubman Award to an organization which has provided significant
contributions to the welfare of African American Lesbian and Gays.

  Frederick Garnett Award for AIDS services work.

  Black Quill Award for arts and letters.

  Mable Hampton Award for Lesbian community service.

We would appreciate your participation in the nominating process by
suggesting those persons and / or organizations that have been exemplary in
each award category.  Please send nominations by November 22, 1994 to:

The Black Gay & Lesbian Leadership Forum
1219 So. La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90019
Attention: Awards Committee

Or fax to 213-964-7830

If you have any questions please call the Forum office at 213-964-7820.