Subject: ProNet Launched
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 13:43:54 -0500

ProNet Employment Forum
Launched by AEHRC

	Chicago, IL (March 6, 1995) -The Association Executives Human Rights Caucus
(AEHRC) has launched a professional networking forum for gay and lesbian
professionals in the association management/hospitality industry.  Dubbed
"ProNet", the forum will offer information on employment opportunities and
services offered to AEHRC's growing mailing list of supporters and friends.

	According to AEHRC Executive Director, Jim Yeaman, CAE, "ProNet will fill a
much needed void in the association management/hospitality industry.  ProNet
is the only industry vehicle where employers are screened to ensure that
employment opportunities are open to prospective employees, without regard to
sexual orientation."

	In order for an employer to list in ProNet, they must certify that they do
not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation in their hiring
practices.  The certification process requires submission of a copy of the
organization's personnel policy which explicitly states that all employment
and advancement opportunities within the organization are not encumbered
because of an employee's sexual orientation. 

	Upon the submission of the certification of non-discrimination, the employer
will be accorded AEHRC's 'Affirming Association' or 'Affirming Partner'
designation.  The designation is a public recognition that the organization
maintains a discrimination-free workplace for all employees, regardless of
one's sexual orientation.  A distinctive certificate is issued upon
designation.

	While there is no per listing charge for ProNet, the employer, must have
made a contribution to support the work of AEHRC in the immediate twelve
months prior to the listing of the employment opportunity.  Individuals who
are seeking to advance their professional careers in the association
management/hospitality industry may also list their qualifications in ProNet.
 A personal annual contribution to AEHRC is expected.

	Listings are limited to a maximum of 50 words and, unless otherwise
specified, appear for two issues of The Mullican Report, AEHRC's newsletter.

	For more information on ProNet or the Association Executives Human Rights
Caucus, write:

	James O. Yeaman, CAE, Executive Director
	Association Executives Human Rights Caucus
	Post Office Box 60001
	Chicago, IL  60660-0001
	V: 312-743-6554
	F: 312-338-4842
	E-Mail: [email-masked]

- 30-